basshead07

Type of bread  

25 members have voted

1. 1. which type

• Brown bread (normal)
    • White bread (normal)
    • Baguette
    • Crusty loaf

What type of bread would u go with to catch more carp i usually opt for the normal sliced white bread

dont be too dissapointed when you dont catch a fish after its not called catching its called fishing! :D

Crusty loaf bread which i cut up into the sizies of match box's and float it. Theres a fishing lake near me where everybody goes. It was silly for fish esp when it hot as they all come to the top, i had 30 carp out of there one day bielive it or not. The only problem with the lake is, no groundbait, no night fishing, and no float fishing - for me only when the balief is there :P ( not as in the actuall float lol, like bread floating e.t.c ) and only one rod at a time... plus you cannot fish day tickets, membership only and it deosnt come cheap there. About a year ago it go topped up and i found it ruined the fishing there and you had a job to catch, now they have settled in , words now say its back to normal again. Abit of bread or lunchen meat and whallar.. you have a double + on the end.

Edited by matty49
mysig333323dj5.jpg

wow your lake is like the lake i fish best day i had there was 27 of the top! all on bread

Edited by basshead07

dont be too dissapointed when you dont catch a fish after its not called catching its called fishing! :D

HAS TO BE THE GOOD OLD BAGUETTE!!! Why I hear you ask?? Because they don't SELL bloody sliced white bread in France!! No Terry Tesco here!! (Thank god!!)

I had three fish to 17 Lb Saturday and 2 fish of 16.5 and 18Lb Sunday though! BIGGEST problem is the 'CHAT Pouisson' with five hundred around the bait it does NOT last long!!! And EVER tried moulding French Bread??

Course!! Went to get rid of the 'RESIDUE' yesterday, bits of bread and couple of dognuts and a pear flan. BLIMEY!! Going to use the ruddy things as BAIT next time!! Had a succession of 30/40Lb fish taking EVERYTHING!!! :D

And they say Carp are NOT crafty?? Who would have thought they would eat Pears?? And in JELLY??? :P :P :P

Edited by Chris Goddard

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

HAS TO BE THE GOOD OLD BAGUETTE!!! Why I hear you ask?? Because they don't SELL bloody sliced white bread in France!! No Terry Tesco here!! (Thank god!!)
They do Chris, it is called 'pain de mie' and you will find it in any supermarket, Carrefour, Super U, et al. It's the bread the French make 'croque-monsieur' from. You may even find a loaf in your local boulangerie. You can also buy square sliced brioche which might be worth a try.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Guest Rabbit

Split Tin, that's a Farmhouse loaf or similar if you like.

The ONLY way bread should be used to catch carp, is by using the crust and fished on the top in the evening (summer-time of course)

To use sliced bread for anything other than your sandwitches is a BIG mistake :headhurt:

Split Tin, that's a Farmhouse loaf or similar if you like.

The ONLY way bread should be used to catch carp, is by using the crust and fished on the top in the evening (summer-time of course)

To use sliced bread for anything other than your sandwitches is a BIG mistake :headhurt:

Funny, I have caught carp on the white flake from normal cheap supermarket bread, floated on top in the summertime under the full glare of the midday sun.

I don't think that there is ONLY one way to use any technique or bait, it pays to experiment and to be inventive.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

Guest Rabbit
Funny, I have caught carp on the white flake from normal cheap supermarket bread, floated on top in the summertime under the full glare of the midday sun.

I don't think that there is ONLY one way to use any technique or bait, it pays to experiment and to be inventive.

It was very much tongue in cheek!! However seeing you took the trouble to reply, I have to tell you sliced bread does not float as well as the bread of a crusty loaf, too compacted, with a crusty loaf, just dip before casting and you can cast a fair distance.

Probably worth while putting the young rod on the right road don't you think?

Thanks for the advice on being experimental and inventive with bread :thumbs: I can assure you I have time served bread regarding fishing.

I await your scientific rebuff of my theory :clap2:

:

Edited by Rabbit

It was very much tongue in cheek!! However seeing you took the trouble to reply, I have to tell you sliced bread does not float as well as the bread of a crusty loaf, too compacted, with a crusty loaf, just dip before casting and you can cast a fair distance.

Probably worth while putting the young rod on the right road don't you think?

Thanks for the advice on being experimental and inventive with bread :thumbs: I can assure you I have time served bread regarding fishing.

I await your scientific rebuff of my theory :clap2:

:

No, no rebuff you are probably right, and next time I am fishing someplace where they may be carp around I will give it a try. When I was a wee nipper I used to fish for roach and one of the baits they really liked was tattie scones.

I've not got a favourite among the ones listed in the poll.

I have tried them all at one time or another, and a few others, what we call bread cakes (tea cakes to some people), garlic bread, scones and even 'Ryvita' type crisp bread, along with many breakfast cereals. I've caught on most of them, depending on conditions and fish.

As to the sandwich and experimenting. There have been quite a few occassions where a piece of my sandwich has saved the day, or caught a bigger than average fish.

No one bait is guaranteed. As cory said, experimenting, rather than following the word for word advice from some of the financially motivated 'celebs', can produce a pleasant surprise or two.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John