Kayak Prowler 13

Yakity - Yak - u.k.

Hi all.

The launch of the Ocean Kayak "Prowler 13" has attracted a lot of interest here in the u.k.

With a good few of us Brit Kayakfisherman/weoman chooseing to buy one.

The "13" looks like its going to be a huge hit across the pond too.

It would be good if you riders of the "13" , posted how you feel the Kayak performs for you.

When rigging the "13" , put up some pictures here for us all to see.

Just thought this would be a bit of fun , and also help anyone else thinking of buying one.

Lets here it from the Brit point of view.

If anyone has already been out there , come on , start the ball rolling.

yy :)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi YY

Ordered mine tonight delivery next week got it from Kayaks and Paddles took advantage of 12.5%

discount got the angler version in green not many about they only had 2.Going up to windermere easter monday should be nice and cold.Off to NEC on sunday get some wet gear start with long john and top,anybody got advice on paddles(low to Mid range)

olly

Hi Olly, I have a fancy £80 lendal carbon fibre touring paddle and a cheap HP1 aluminium shafted thing i was given.

Don't care much which i use, except i do like the grommets on the lendal that stop drips into the cockpit.

Quite like the cheap paddle because I don't worry about trashing it, using it to fend off rocks etc.

Doubt that helps you much , but its all the experience I have :D

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net

The extra expense usually means the paddle is lighter and the blade & angle of them(feathering) makes paddling more efficient... if you're not planning to paddle very far at all a cheaper one wouldn't make that much difference.

I wouldn't go too cheap though -- about £50 should get you a fairly light durable paddle with an alloy shaft.

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Hi Olly

Somthing to think about later on.

I chose a two piece adjustable paddle.

You can alter the length of the paddle, and the feather of the blades.

A full on feather is good when paddling into winds , less resistance on blades.

For people who have touble with thier wrists, an adjustable feather is an advantage.

Being a two piece makes for easier storage , in the car , at home , and on the Kayak.

Just a thought.

Heres a pic

yy:)

Posted Image

[ 19. March 2005, 01:59 PM: Message edited by: Newt ]