Blanked

kestrel

I was just wondering how long fellow carpers blank for before deciding to change venue or tactics or both? :g:

An angler is a man who spends rainy days sitting around on muddy banks doing nothing because his wife won't let him do it at home.

I was just wondering how long fellow carpers blank for before deciding to change venue or tactics or both? :g:

I think for me it's two full seasons. I probably blanked for more nights non stop on another lake in one season - maybe 30 or 40 ???

That said I really don't mind anymore. I will happily blank rather than move onto an easy water. I did the latter before in mid winter some years back but catching a couple of small easy carp gave me no satisfaction at all so I never returned to the easy water.

At the end of the day it's all about what does it for you. I also feel after you've been carp fishing for a number of years the desire to catch at all costs fades a little and I've certainly mellowed in that respect.

Rob.

I spent half a season fishing Walthamstow res. and caught nothing, however this may have been due to the fact that i had only been fishing 3-4 months and was not ready for that kind of water.

Gave up and went in search of a easier water.

STC

It was the fish i tell you, they were talking to me !!!

Good grief!!!

:cry:

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Errrrm, the water I`m currently fishing has no more than 10 carp in 25 acres. I just can`t seem to catch the sods.

The last one I had was back in April...................2006

A quick guesstimate makes it a blank for 72 nights so far (theres probably more to follow!)

Edited by Severn Wolf
wolf.gif

Errrrm, the water I`m currently fishing has no more than 10 carp in 25 acres. I just can`t seem to catch the sods.

The last one I had was back in April...................2006

A quick guesstimate makes it a blank for 72 nights so far (theres probably more to follow!)

Hope they are worth waiting for when you get one, Severn!!!!!!

Got the scene set perfectly in my mind.

Yet another long night ahead. The buzzer screams into life at 3am in the way that no tench or bream could ever manage. I stumble to the rods knowing that the time has come to do battle with a biggie. A few minutes later I realise it is a carp at last.......the smallest in the lake.

The alternative ending would be that I lose it at the net after seeing its a really big fish.

Thing is, I don`t really know if I want to catch one now! The lake has become such a lovely part of my life that it would be a real bind to move to pastures new. The excuse I always have for not catching is that the lake likes me so much it wants me to stay!

wolf.gif