New Scottish sea angling conservation group

SSACN

New Scottish sea angling conservation group

We are pleased to formally announce the launch of the

Scottish Sea Angling Conservation Network (SSACN)

It was felt by many working within the SOS/SACN Scotland and the SFSA conservation unit that we could achieve far more by combining our efforts into an independent Scottish sea angling conservation group.

Not only does this move allow us to minimise duplication of effort, but it reflects the need for RSA bodies to be as effective as other active lobby interests - nature conservation NGO’s, commercial and port interests etc., especially when dealing with the Scottish Executive.

SOS will still campaign under its own name for English and Eu issues. SACN Scotland will cease to exist.

With your help, we can put together an organisation that conservation minded Scottish anglers and visitors alike can be proud of. We will be developing ideas like a Junior Section, Insurance discounts, discounts at tackle shops etc.

Our initial goal is to ensure recreational sea angling is recognised by the Scottish Executive as a valid stakeholder in marine conservation.

Getting SSACN started on its' journey has been achieved through the efforts of a 'steering group' consisting of the Davies Holt / McNair and Murray – Denis Kelly – Ian Burrett - John Crowther – Lenny Simpson – Neal Clamp – Steve Bastiman and Trevor Springford.

Though much work remains to be done, we have a web site at www.ssacn.org and though we have plans for many fund raising activities, you can show your commitment to conservation by joining us – Paypal and credit cards accepted as well as cheques !!

MAKING A DIFFERENCE

We can’t pretend that achieving our ultimate aims of having more and bigger fish around the Scottish coastline will be easy but with the support of enough sea anglers we can make a difference.

Please get involved – questions, input etc. please email contact@ssacn.org

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

like the english versions i hope you only speak on behalf of your members and not give the impression your speaking for every sea angler ;)

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

would someone mind explaining exactly what the SFSA conservation unit is?

Does this represent a breakaway from the SFSA, or does it mean that the SFSA is part of the setup?

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

well it looks as though the communication strategy is about par for the course...

Some of us have more important things in our lives than sitting at the computer waiting to answer your comments.

The first post states quite clearly this is an independent organisation

and is answerable only to our own membership

I also want to announce the launch of a new sea angling conservation group.

Cranfield Conservation Network.

I also accept cheques, PayPal, credit cards and used notes of any currency. :rolleyes:

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

I also want to announce the launch of a new sea angling conservation group.

Cranfield Conservation Network.

I also accept cheques, PayPal, credit cards and used notes of any currency. :rolleyes:

:bigemo_harabe_net-163::bigemo_harabe_net-163::bigemo_harabe_net-163:

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

make that a chesters1 fishing the whole world protection ,conserving , preserving and cockle picking and whelk boiling appreciation society,paypal excepted

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Some of us have more important things in our lives than sitting at the computer waiting to answer your comments.

The first post states quite clearly this is an independent organisation

and is answerable only to our own membership

Well how are potential members going to find anything out if you are not prepared to answer a very simple question on a public forum.

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

Hmmm, Whats with the curt replies....do I sense some bad blood here ????, when , on the other forum, a poster asked a very similar question, you posted a large reply..

Quote:

Originally Posted by wibblywobbly View Post

Is this just another organisation that anglers are to expected to contribute towards.The scottish federation of sea anglers remit is to safeguard the sport of sea angling in scotland and to fight for and protect their interests.Does this not mean that they should be doing all they can to conserve the fish stocks so that anglers have something to fish for,if so then why should i pay twice for the same thing, being a sfsa member.The sfsa is the only recognised body so surely we should be keeping it all under the one banner ,the last thing we need is another organisation being formed.

Technically this is a new organisation but should be looked at as the amalgamation of three.

There will actually be two less organisations operating in Scotland

We will be far more efficient and better organised than we ever could be under three different banners. We even have a website www.ssacn.org

We announced the plans for a single organisation at a meeting with Scottish exec fisheries officers two weeks ago. Further communications between us indicate we are firmly recognised and have another meeting with them in a few months time.

In attendance for SSACN was Ian Burrett, (SOS) Denus Kelly (SACN) and Steve Bastiman from the SFSA.

At the meeting Ian Burrett gave a lengthy talk about the need for an immediate shark management plan to protect the Spurs, common skate, on the West coast of Scotland. tope on the SW coast and Porbeagle in the North.

We were surprised at how little the executive knew; for example they weren't aware of the Glasgow Museum Skate tagging programme and were surprised to hear how little the skate moved around. They had considered them migratory fish. They were also unaware Defra had issued Eu ruling in the North Sea to implement laws to conserve the Thornback Rays,

We also offered our services to run a combined SEERAD/SSACN tagging programme for the Spurs.

All the above points were received with great interest and we have been promised a follow up letter once the officers concerned return from holiday.

Steve then put forward our case for inclusion on the new Inshore fishery groups. These will be similar to the English sea fishing committees where local issues are decided by local people. The exec under Mr Finnie was adamant this was for commercials only but we have been lobbying hard for RSA inclusion. The decision should be announced at the next meeting.

Unless you opted to pay the £3 ring-fenced for conservation with the federation then you aren't paying twice. Those that did pay the £3 will be offered three months free subscription to SSACN on request.

For too long in Scotland ,individuals have been battling away on their own but we now have a willing team ready to take on the challenges.

The more anglers join us and get involved the more we we can accomplish. End Quote..

but when Nick asks a perfectly sensible question its ignored.....I was actually going to ask the same question, and thank god I didnt.

Nick is a very good friend of mine, and I am NOT "sticking up " for him, he can do that himself...AND, I have NOT been in contact with him about this , BUT, I would have posted this, had it been anyone asking ....:)

Now, I dont want to get involved in any arguments you may or may not have...but it certainly doesnt endear your organisation to my heart..... IMHO the tone of your eventual reply was totally uncalled for....

Rant over now..:):)

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/