What bait have you never caught a carp on ?

kestrel

Tried Tesco value marine sticks or crab sticks as they used to be called. Had them going crazy on them a few years back on a local club water, up at Great Chesterford, up your way Kestrel, before I emigrated to Kent.

How did you hold them on a hook ?

Never caught a carp on cheese either !

An angler is a man who spends rainy days sitting around on muddy banks doing nothing because his wife won't let him do it at home.

caught one on a wet fly once fishing for trout! and i never ever caught one on corned beef! :D was trying to catch a carp out of a small river i used to fish and a mate wound me up that some one had been getting them on corned beef, of i went like a muppet loaded with cans and did not catch a carp but i did get a 3 pound chub and a 3 pound eel! :wacko:

Fishing, the only rule is that there is no rule!

Hi ,on sunday i caught 3little carp on blackberrys,but meat & corn is my preferred bait!I have also heard that baked bean is a good1
black berries! does there happen to be any black berry bushes over hanging the lake i wonder.

Fishing, the only rule is that there is no rule!

• 2 weeks later...

going to sound a bit silly

but ive never caught a fish on a pop-up bolie

i dont think its the rig as i have research it on the internet and used exactly the same rigs as published in the angling times(am i allowed to say that?)

o well never mind just have to prove my self wrong and catch a monster on a pop-up, then il be converted lol

in-line

going to sound a bit silly

but ive never caught a fish on a pop-up bolie

i dont think its the rig as i have research it on the internet and used exactly the same rigs as published in the angling times(am i allowed to say that?)

o well never mind just have to prove my self wrong and catch a monster on a pop-up, then il be converted lol

in-line

I have had hardly any fish on pop ups, I use bottom baits but don't catch many, maybe I should try pop ups more often.

An angler is a man who spends rainy days sitting around on muddy banks doing nothing because his wife won't let him do it at home.

• 2 weeks later...
Never caught on a pop-up, have caught using a watsit (yes the cheesy crisp/puff things) however that was the only fish I caught on them as I ate the rest :D

Lol Si, that reminded me that I caught on a lake in Surrey once using Ringos crisps, and they were cheese & onion flavour !

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

• 1 month later...

Try as I might, I can NOT catch on honey-or-molasses-flavoured doughballs! Around here, they seem to prefer corn over everything else.