Bring back corperal punnishment.

Ken L

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sending them to prison doesn't work M, IMO it teaches them all the wrong things and the end result is a lag that spends more time in HMP then out. Kids are crying out for discipline, trouble is applying discipline is a dying art. by discipline I mean a military type discipline. Perhaps we should be looking at the schools to apply this, instead of employing these weak haven't a clue , no experience in life teachers who the kids run rings around, how about putting a few ex soldiers in schools? Teach the kids how to march, respond to an order without sulking away or pulling out a knife. Have camps that are harsh but rewarding. teach them some manners, and how to respect others.

As long as we have this mind set that we can send the little dears outside because they might fall over and scrape their knees, and the teacher / school sued then we are all doomed. we are breeding a generation of fat lazy insolent yobs.

I had to contend with 'square bashing at 18 and the rest, and I swear it made me a better individual (honest)!! So less of the worthless A levels and GCSE's and more of the real qualifications in life, to be a decent member of society.

If the teachers or parents can't / wont do it get someone that can

Err,

as I remember it the right to discipline children was taken away from teachers and parents by the bleating complaints of happy-clappy parents who had already lost the plot.

Laws have had to be put in place so teachers can use 'reasonable force' to protect themselves and those in their charge from the yobs.

Unless society as a whole is prepared to accept the application of a discipline that is based on regard and consideration for others you're pi**ing into the wind.

For heavens sake, we have people on the forum here who have admitted to beating up people for 'upsetting' them. If that attitude is projected onto their children what chance does the child's teacher stand or any other adult who dares to stand up to them.?

Rights without responsibilities leads to anarchy... I don't know who said that, but it is becoming increasingly true.

Len

Guest Brumagem Phil

Anyone who says violence (or the threat of it does not work) only needs to look at the recent shootings in London and Liverpool. Theres a wall of silence........not because people dont care about whats happened, but because they are petrified of being beaten up or killed.

Its about time the yobs were on the receiving end of that fear!!!

Ken..............great post and some good points made. I'm of the same opinion that we should make sentences shorter but make the time tougher and increase the emphasis on rehabilitation. No point in locking up a thief if he is still gonna be a thief when comes out.

Just curious Ken, have you ever been to jail ?

No, but boredom features highly in the accounts of people that I know who have.

Edit: Removed duplication of the above.

Edited by Ken L

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Guest tigger
No, but boredom features highly in the accounts of people that I know who have.

Edit: Removed duplication of the above.

Edited by Tigger.

Edited by tigger

Guest Brumagem Phil

I don't believe a ruddy word of that!

First of all you tell us you repeatedly got the cane but you only ever scrumped a few apples or did a bit of poaching, but now you claim to have done stir for abusing your position and beating people up!! How bizarre!

Come to think of it, didn't you claim that as a game keeper you and others beat people up for poaching?

The PC brigades psychological squad would have a field day with your posts........they would say that having violence dished out to you when you was young merely reinforced in you the idea that the way to resolve issues was through violence.

Do you still claim that the cane was actually 'good for you'?

By the way if you broke the smallest of rules you were nicked and would loose remittion usually at least a couple of weeks. Also you'd loose your chance of your Jam roll (parrole) so you could get 2 yrs and finnish up staying there for the rest of your life. I think that's what happend to Bronson.

Poor Charlie, he only did a minor thing and then every time broke the tiniest little rule, they gave him a hard time.

Errrm. NO:

Bronson was first jailed for seven years in 1974 for armed robbery. Apart from a few brief spells, he has been in prison ever since — mostly in solitary confinement because of attacks on prison staff and inmates, hostage-taking and rooftop protests. In 2000 he was sentenced for holding a prison lecturer hostage for two days, tugging him around the cells with a skipping rope tied round his neck.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Guest Brumagem Phil
What don't you beleive?

Frankly I find it hard to attach credibility to much or what you say.

You screamed blue murder at me for netting a few carp, for poaching the occasional water or God forbid, deep hooking a few fish. Then you pick on the Chinese for the way they kill their dogs.

........but now you've told us YOU have beaten up people for poaching (despite having admitted to doing it yourself), you've almost crowed about how often you got the cane and how it didnt affect you (whilst somehow claiming it somehow kept you on the straight and narrow) and now you claim to have been in prison for violence.

Also worth noting that all the questions put to you on one or two of your recent threads went unanswered. Seems to me you are more interested in drawing a response than actually participating in any meaningful debate. Thats a pity.