Bring back corperal punnishment.

Ken L

Couple of points

Firstly I am with Davy R on this. Anyone who wants the job shouldn't be given it <_<

Secondly, what form should it take Cane? Birch, Lash? and how hard should it be administered?

To act as a deterrent it would probably have to be administered hard enough to cause permanent injury. Anything less will just add to the victims street cred. I went to a school where caning was used and I was a recipient on a regular basis. Did me no end of good with a certain section of the female kids who thought that I was "dead ard!" :thumbs: To be honest it was a joke and I would much rather have had the cane than be kept in after school.

It is ironic that KB brings up the Human Rights Act. A group of parents and teachers used the Human Rights Act to try to get corporal punishment back into schools as not having it infringed their religious freedom and civil liberties under the H.R.A.

They lost

lastly, do you have an age limit in mind? upper or lower? and what about gender, some of the worst gang members these days are young girls, do they get the same punishment and if not why not?

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

perhaps our arab friends have the right idea,get caught doing a bit of pickpocketing and you lose your left hand! another capture and your definitely out of the pick pocket business

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

perhaps our arab friends have the right idea,get caught doing a bit of pickpocketing and you lose your left hand! another capture and your definitely out of the pick pocket business
That's not exactly how it works chesters. The real punishment of having the left hand amputated is that from the day the amputation takes place you have to eat meals on your own. In Islam the left hand is used for ablutions, and the right hand is used to eat. Nobody wants to eat with someone who wipes his ass and eats with the same hand. This is the punishment, amputating the hand is just a means to an end.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

but my interpretation would work just as well for the majority (at the moment) who are not moslems and dont they have bog paper :whistling:

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Couple of points

Firstly I am with Davy R on this. Anyone who wants the job shouldn't be given it <_<

Secondly, what form should it take Cane? Birch, Lash? and how hard should it be administered?

To act as a deterrent it would probably have to be administered hard enough to cause permanent injury. Anything less will just add to the victims street cred. I went to a school where caning was used and I was a recipient on a regular basis. Did me no end of good with a certain section of the female kids who thought that I was "dead ard!" :thumbs: To be honest it was a joke and I would much rather have had the cane than be kept in after school.

It is ironic that KB brings up the Human Rights Act. A group of parents and teachers used the Human Rights Act to try to get corporal punishment back into schools as not having it infringed their religious freedom and civil liberties under the H.R.A.

They lost

lastly, do you have an age limit in mind? upper or lower? and what about gender, some of the worst gang members these days are young girls, do they get the same punishment and if not why not?

I'm with Sportsman on this. I went to school in Scotland where we had the tawse. An excellent tool for keeping those who were not going to cause any real trouble at school in line. (I only got it twice, one of them was a total injustice).

All of the schools in Scotland that I attended did not allow the tawse to be applied anywhere except the hand. Smacking on the buttocks was not allowed.

Amongst the trouble makers however getting six of the belt was just something they tried to get for kudos. Some of them had competitions to see how often they could get the strap in a week, so it was not a deterrent to the determined, but it did provide some sadistic entertainment for the rest of the class.

The tawse was not only administered for misdemeanours, you could also get a wallop for poor acedemic performance too.

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

i had it twice also once justified (for speaking) the other unjustified also ,i had a year at a school in edinburgh a big difference academically to the english one i left and went back to ,far in advanced to the english one and girls too

Edited by chesters1

didn't the have girls in england when you went to school then ;)

no! just sisters :D

Bring back corperal punishment ? Perhaps ..

Bring back conscription ... Now there's an idea !! And for the females as well !! :thumbs::thumbs:

The Older I get .. The better I was.

I have to say we got the can/ stick / shoe or whatever was at hand as punishment and If we hadn't got that as a deterrant we would have just run riot much as they are today.

How many times did you get caned at school then tigger?