Doggies

David.W

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Norfolk Boy. I agree that that day will never come.

We might soon see bait being offered at 19.9% APR with easy weekly payments. We might never see codling. Still - on the bait side, that's the price to pay when you don't have time to go a diggin'. As for the lack of fish - I'd always been an optimist - my cr@p skills, not the lack of fish in the sea.

Who am I kidding. Last fish I saw was in the chippy at Aldeburgh, when I packed up, hacked off with blanking. Hey ho - roll on summer, so at least I can get sunburnt trying to catch doggies (see - still just on thread... :D )

Westie.

If you're being chased by a police dog, try not to go through a tunnel, then on to a little seesaw, then jump through a hoop of fire. They're trained for that.

Visit My Photo Gallery

Strangely, I have actually had a few codling this year as they seem to be more up at my end of the coast. There's also a shop at North Walsham that does good lug at £12.50 per hundred as opposed to the more normal £16-18. Bit out of my way for most of my fishing though.

back to the dogs......

TO avoid the ammonia taste ive heard soaking them for 24hrs in salted water changing the water a couple of times helps to get rid of the taste.

"Colonel Gadaffi, knows more about fishing than the whole of westminster put together"

Alex Salmond 2004 SNP Leader

"Forza Dons"

Is there a problem with amonia. I have only cooked Dogfish that I have caught the once. They Went from sea to "surgery" to the beer batter all in less than an hour and it was wonderful.

I am put off by the surgery required in skinning them. That particular time we had one person using a knife whilst the farther in law resharpend another.

They would sell a rake of doggies ( now catties :D )

if they called it shark in these posher cafes. Save on bass being eaten.

My mate skins them like a rabbit with a nail on a post. Bet that wouldn't get by EU regs :D

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

I've never caught a catfish or a shark ether, now there's a chance to do all 3 with the one fish :D

Now just to make the time to go and get one.

I've been to Scrabster... and I want to go back!!!