Summer bikers (returned) ok ok i know.........

BULLDRAGON

Here's one reason why bikers ain't the flavour of the month.

The biker was a copper and it was the car driver who was the nutter.

The fact that the audable siren could be heared at the same volume right through the piece and the fact that it was intercut with clips from road survelance cameras were a bit of a clue, but the clincher was the bit at the start that said "Ghost Rider has gone undercover" (so it was a set up by the police to get the BMW driver to think he was racing against the guy who shot the paris video) and the bit at the end where you se the blue lights on the bike.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Guest Brumagem Phil

I watched a pair of idiots today on my way to warwick. Its a tight bendy lane but these two knob jockeys decided to overtake me and the car in front (who were doing the speedlimit) right on a TIGHT left handed 90 degree bend around a church wall. Zero visibility and had a car come the other way they would simply have died.

One born (and killed) every minute.

Spent the weekend down in West Sussex under Bury hill, a popular haunt of bikers.

The speeding (50 mph limit) bikes started at about 7am, many doing well over the ton - then the police helicopter started to buzz overhead.

Seems the fuzz monitor the loonies from overhead and then have a posse of their own bikes dotted about to dish the tickets - I saw 5 of them waiting in a nearby layby.

Anywhos' I had to cross the A29 in order to get from the village church to a farm, no bikes in sight (and I had a good view) as I pulled out then two mentals passed me on the wrong side of some bollards before I'd got upto 30, both doing best part of a 100. Of course had one of the prats hit me it I would have been another 'careless car driver'......

Locals claim a few of them remove themselves from the gene pool every summer and I don't doubt it, just why should law abiding road users should fund the scrapping up of these morons is beyond me.

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

It's not only bikers who can be knobheads.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/oxfordshire/6962448.stm

Just a tad foolish....

I guess the thing is that not many people can afford a car capable of that kind of speed, whereas a 600cc+ bike that will do 160-170mph can be bought new for the price of a Ford Fiesta. Age, wealth and career success are no guarantee of common sense, of course, but I reckon there are probably more grey hairs amongst 911 owners than sports bike riders.

Had to laugh at this comment, though:

"Driving at 172mph is quite amazing. If you want to do that speed why not go to Silverstone?"

You'd need something bloody quick to hit 170 at Silverstone, I think! It's not that far off what the F1 cars do.

Just a tad foolish....

I guess the thing is that not many people can afford a car capable of that kind of speed, whereas a 600cc+ bike that will do 160-170mph can be bought new for the price of a Ford Fiesta. Age, wealth and career success are no guarantee of common sense, of course, but I reckon there are probably more grey hairs amongst 911 owners than sports bike riders.

Had to laugh at this comment, though:

"Driving at 172mph is quite amazing. If you want to do that speed why not go to Silverstone?"

You'd need something bloody quick to hit 170 at Silverstone, I think! It's not that far off what the F1 cars do.

There are old bikers, and there are bold bikers but there are very few old bold bikers.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

(and killed) every minute.

my mate bob was killed on Thursday because an elderly lady(drunk) in a jeep towing a horse box pulled out of a farm track

the plod recon he was doing 60mph "quite slow for a fire-blade "on a A class road with a national speed limit sign just 500 yards behind him

:sad2::angry:

Edited by pumphypete

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif