New Canon Release ...

MrWiggly

Did I miss something Mr W? I thought you had a 1D as well as the other one that near kerput.

HB.

Got rid of the 1Ds HB ...

Too big and heavy for an old man !! Ruddy thing weighed a ton !! Get it in a bag with a few lenses, and you need a donkey to carry it !! :angry::blink:

Funds returned on sale of that will cover loss of 20D, and let me buy upgrade.

Still got an old D60 .. Just dragged it out of hibernation.

Wiggly. :rolleyes:

The Older I get .. The better I was.

Got rid of the 1Ds HB ...

Too big and heavy for an old man !! Ruddy thing weighed a ton !! Get it in a bag with a few lenses, and you need a donkey to carry it !! :angry::blink:

Funds returned on sale of that will cover loss of 20D, and let me buy upgrade.

Still got an old D60 .. Just dragged it out of hibernation.

Wiggly. :rolleyes:

I don't know about taking it easy in your retirement, you'll need a second job to pay for all your equipment soon :camera::D

If all else fails, follow the intructions.

Hmmm, From what I have read, the only REAL difference to the 350D is that it has a vibrator to "shake " the dust off the mirror,.....Might be totally wrong tho'..... :rolleyes:

BTW, I've had a 350D for the last couple of years, and they are Sooperb !!! :):)

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Hmmm, From what I have read, the only REAL difference to the 350D is that it has a vibrator to "shake " the dust off the mirror,.....Might be totally wrong tho'..... :rolleyes:

I was thinking you meant the 400 rather than the 40D, but when you do a side by side comparison there really doesn't seem to be much technical difference, (to me anyway). Where does all the extra money go?

Side by side comparison.

I was thinking you meant the 400 rather than the 40D, but when you do a side by side comparison there really doesn't seem to be much technical difference, (to me anyway). Where does all the extra money go?

Side by side comparison.

Build quality will be the biggie on this. 40D = magnesium body; 400D will be mainly quality plastic. Otherwise,, you're right. The tale of the tape shows that they're not a million miles apart. 40D has better fps rate and larger buffer, so would probably suit those who take sports photography quite seriously.

MrW - change to Nikon, mate! check out the D300... :)

Westie.

If you're being chased by a police dog, try not to go through a tunnel, then on to a little seesaw, then jump through a hoop of fire. They're trained for that.

Visit My Photo Gallery

Build quality will be the biggie on this. 40D = magnesium body; 400D will be mainly quality plastic. Otherwise,, you're right. The tale of the tape shows that they're not a million miles apart. 40D has better fps rate and larger buffer, so would probably suit those who take sports photography quite seriously.

MrW - change to Nikon, mate! check out the D300... :)

Cheers guys, I didnt even know there WAS a 40D....D'oh !! :):)

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

"MrW - change to Nikon, mate! check out the D300... :) "

Good Camera, without a doubt !! :thumbs:

Trouble is, I've built up a collection of Canon lenses etc over the years. And I would have to get rid of that lot !! :unsure::blink:

The Older I get .. The better I was.

"MrW - change to Nikon, mate! check out the D300... :) "

Good Camera, without a doubt !! :thumbs:

Trouble is, I've built up a collection of Canon lenses etc over the years. And I would have to get rid of that lot !! :unsure::blink:

I know, I know. Just another gentle dig between the Canonites and the Nikonians. :)

It's like swapping rugby codes - very rarely happens, but you're always glad when you did. LOL

Westie.

If you're being chased by a police dog, try not to go through a tunnel, then on to a little seesaw, then jump through a hoop of fire. They're trained for that.

Visit My Photo Gallery