Cat Stew

Ken L

The only BAD thing I saw was some bugger smoking over the meat!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only BAD thing I saw was some bugger smoking over the meat!!

Now THERE'S a novel idea - smoked cat. :thumbs:

Dunno what all the fuss is about. We ate cat during WWII here in the UK. It was sold as "rabbit" at the butchers, skinned, and with head, tail and paws removed.

Out here in the country all REAL rabbits were sold by the local butchers with the skin head and paws still on The skinless wonders were stewed and enjoyed by the un-informed.

There was also plenty of horsemeat sold as beef.

By reporting the beasts as "wild" cats rather than feral ones a knee-jerk reaction from the wildlife lobby was guaranteed.

We are visting the Oz Top End this winter - will keep an eye open for cat casserole and give you a first-hand account of what it tastes like. Rabbit if my memory serves me.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

The WILDLIFE campaigners are this? The WILDLIFE campaigners are THAT!! Bloody hell wish just one time some bugger would come up with a recipe for the bloody WILDLIFE campaigners!!!

Cat is OK nowt wrong with it!! Just because it sounds a little WAY out?? Blimey cats have like horses, rabbits rats, kangaroos,monkeys,dogs,snakes etc, etc, been eaten ALL over the world for years and as far as I am aware NO problems have been encountered yet?? WHAT is all the ruddy fuss about!!! Bloody namby pamby veggie eating bloody liberals!! GOD help us!! Next they will be moaning about Squirrels and Hedgehogs!!!

Suppose when you were in the SAS or whatever it was all you could get your hand on blah blah blah. what a bunch of REAL men on here (jokng of course) who like to shock people about their not afraid to eat anything including cats.

Well news for you pussy eating felines err felons.... the MAJORITY of sane people would not think of eating Tibbles.

Why?

Because WE are happy and content with our SEXUALITY. <_< :

Well news for you pussy eating felines err felons.... the MAJORITY of sane people would not think of eating Tibbles.

Why?

Because WE are happy and content with our SEXUALITY. <_< :

The Chinese eat 'em, you f*** 'em - I know which I'd rather not do. :headhurt:

Pass the fork, Jeeves..

Len :lol:

Why?

Because WE are happy and content with our SEXUALITY.

http://www.fallacyfiles.org/adhomine.html

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

The deforestation in Brazil is well documented!

:bigemo_harabe_net-163: :bigemo_harabe_net-163: :bigemo_harabe_net-163:

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

The WILDLIFE campaigners are this? The WILDLIFE campaigners are THAT!! Bloody hell wish just one time some bugger would come up with a recipe for the bloody WILDLIFE campaigners!!!

Cat is OK nowt wrong with it!! Just because it sounds a little WAY out?? Blimey cats have like horses, rabbits rats, kangaroos,monkeys,dogs,snakes etc, etc, been eaten ALL over the world for years and as far as I am aware NO problems have been encountered yet?? WHAT is all the ruddy fuss about!!! Bloody namby pamby veggie eating bloody liberals!! GOD help us!! Next they will be moaning about Squirrels and Hedgehogs!!!

I say, I'm a liberal and i have never eaten a veggie yet ;). Seriously, you can have my share of the hedgehog. They taste awful. :yucky: Ive never eaten horse in France, I only know one person who buys it, and she only gets it because it is cheap. I've had donkey salami and that was fine with crusty bread. :thumbs:

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

the MAJORITY of sane people would not think of eating Tibbles.

You have documented opinion surveys to back that up Rabbit or just posting your opinion as if it were fact? Also, since a simple majority is anything over 50%, are you saying that up to 49% of sane people would be willing to eat them?

I suspect (note: suspect indicates that this is my opinion) that most people (sane or not) would be perfectly willing to eat cats if there were a need.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

The deforestation in Brazil is well documented!

Yep. It took a while.

I think my pennies had parachutes on this one :thumbs:

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.