Just a word or two please

poledark

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Brumagem Phil
But you can't resist a side swipe at angling and anglers stating on a Angling Forum that you think angling is cruel. So will you not be happy until angling meets the same fate as fox hunting? i will therefore be happy to be gobbiy and irate just as long as you and yours post such ill conceived comment.

You are coaxing a living thing onto a nice shiny hook and then allowing it to fight its heart out thinking its fighting for its life just so you can have the kudos of the capture.

I love my angling, but I'm not naive enough to be under the misconception that what I do is kind to the fish.

So you comments were aimed at getting a rise from a goby irate rabbit was it.? Well I and others wouldn't be reading this climb down if it wasn't for yours truly bringing the up the fact what you wrote was out of order. You obviously love fox hunting and that is fine by me, but it is now banned , because the public wanted it banned, not my fault I didn't vote labour, and I am not a anti anything.

But you can't resist a side swipe at angling and anglers stating on a Angling Forum that you think angling is cruel. So will you not be happy until angling meets the same fate as fox hunting? i will therefore be happy to be gobbiy and irate just as long as you and yours post such ill conceived comment.

Here we go again reading whats not there to try and help your weak views. Never said I love fox hunting in fact I said the opposite ( fox hunting is a none starter). Only ever went so i could get my facts right not that it would mean must to you. And if you are going to quote me as stating some thing at leased put what i stated not your twisted version.

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

[Having spent the last 30 years hunting, shooting and all round fishing, I can honestly say coarse fishing by far has given me the most concern for cruelty. no wonder to me the coarse anglers on here feel so touchy.

You bet we feel 'touchy' with endorsements like that of our sport.

Phil thanks for the graphic account, think you should also lobby for an angling ban. this is suppose to be Anglers Net the clue is in the title Anglers...

So you comments were aimed at getting a rise from a goby irate rabbit was it.? Well I and others wouldn't be reading this climb down if it wasn't for yours truly bringing the up the fact what you wrote was out of order. You obviously love fox hunting and that is fine by me, but it is now banned , A)because the public wanted it banned, not my fault I didn't vote labour, and I am not a anti anything.

2)

A)err when were the people asked?

we wont get a referendum over the continual move into europe so little else will get a chance :rolleyes:

2)if you wont admit theoretically it is then your out of order ,treat anything else that breaths the same way and you'l be having the rspca on your doorstep or you'r living in spain!

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

A)err when were the people asked?

we wont get a referendum over the continual move into europe so little else will get a chance :rolleyes:

2)if you wont admit theoretically it is then your out of order ,treat anything else that breaths the same way and you'l be having the rspca on your doorstep or you'r living in spain!

The people were asked, and voted and Labour, hunting ban was part of their manifesto.

The old argument again do fish feel pain? :rolleyes: not in Spain, obviously

i'm sure labour wasent voted in solely on their hunting stance ,if so then theres a lot of rather stupid voters out there plus ofcourse labour waset voted in by the majority that % voted elsewhere!

its not pain its the stress factor and the pleasure in catching them as their experiencing it ! which you know full well i was referring to!

the spanish bit was because they have a different outlook on suffering than us

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Guest Brumagem Phil
You bet we feel 'touchy' with endorsements like that of our sport.

Phil thanks for the graphic account, think you should also lobby for an angling ban. this is suppose to be Anglers Net the clue is in the title Anglers...

Why should I lobby for an angling ban?

I think you are being naive in the extreme. Anglers need fish, fish do not require anglers! :rolleyes:

Horse racing, dog racing, sled pulling and soooo many other sports all use animals in some way, and although we do our best to be kind to the animals we use, lets not kid ourselves here, these animals would be better off without our intervention.

I'll say it again, I love my angling but I'm quite sure the fish doesn't share my passion!