Just a word or two please

poledark

Why should I lobby for an angling ban?

I think you are being naive in the extreme. Anglers need fish, fish do not require anglers! :rolleyes:

Horse racing, dog racing, sled pulling and soooo many other sports all use animals in some way, and although we do our best to be kind to the animals we use, lets not kid ourselves here, these animals would be better off without our intervention. sssssooooo

I'll say it again, I love my angling but I'm quite sure the fish doesn't share my passion!

Phil you are so off the mark Dogs actually love to work otherwise they would just not do it. Huskies live to pull a sled Greyhound want to race Police dogs love to work I should know, the enthusiasm they have when it comes to having a free bite, or scaling a 8 foot hurdle is awesome.

I have a conscience about fishing but I have to indulge in something anti social, especially when people call me naive in the extreme and add :rolleyes:

Perhaps you will consider your rather naive statement about working dogs and concede the point to someone who actually knows about such things :thumbs:

Nicely put Phil :thumbs:

Hardly, old chap, read my reply and learn :rolleyes:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm sure labour wasent voted in solely on their hunting stance ,if so then theres a lot of rather stupid voters out there plus ofcourse labour waset voted in by the majority that % voted elsewhere!

its not pain its the stress factor and the pleasure in catching them as their experiencing it ! which you know full well i was referring to!

the spanish bit was because they have a different outlook on suffering than us

The proposed ban on hunting played a big part in the re-election of Labour ban. anyone that stands at the next election for reintroducing hunting, hanging or anything else that has been confined to history will probably meet the same fate..confined to history.

Phil you are so off the mark Dogs actually love to work otherwise they would just not do it. Huskies live to pull a sled Greyhound want to race Police dogs love to work I should know, the enthusiasm they have when it comes to having a free bite, or scaling a 8 foot hurdle is awesome.

I have a conscience about fishing but I have to indulge in something anti social, especially when people call me naive in the extreme and add :rolleyes:

Perhaps you will consider your rather naive statement about working dogs and concede the point to someone who actually knows about such things :thumbs:

Hardly, old chap, read my reply and learn :rolleyes:

Like I said, nicely put Phil <_<

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Can anyone be 100% certain that fish don't relish the fight, I bet it's a good posibility that some predators do?

Or if you are implying that fish are hurt or distressed then you must be admitting they have feelings, and thus feel pain?

And would course fish be better off without anglers? Possibly but possibly not, wouldn't the waterways be little more than unihabital slush pits were it not for anglers, again I dunno?

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

A very good point. and can anyone be 100% sure that foxes don't relish being chased by hounds or that hares don't enjoy being coursed.

I agree entirely that anglers do more for monitoring and maintaining water quality and habitat than any other section of the community - in exactly the same way that hunters and shooters pay farmers to create biodiversity by maintaining 10metre wild headlands, planting woods and hedges, digging ponds and planting cover crops that provide protection and food, not just for gamebirds but for all of the rest of the wildlife in the countryside.

Both anglers and hunters do it because of vested interests, it makes their sport better.

Could it be that angling has something in common with other fieldsports :rolleyes:

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

The proposed ban on hunting played a big part in the re-election of Labour ban. anyone that stands at the next election for reintroducing hunting, hanging or anything else that has been confined to history will probably meet the same fate..confined to history.

no problem to repeal a law that doesent work ,hunting goes on twice a week still

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson