Big Perch?

Chris Plumb

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO they're nowhere near the stated weight. On my screen the fish is approximately 3.75 x the length of the cigarette packet. If a cigarette packet is 85 mm, that would make the fish approximately 12.5" long, which would make it about 2lbs in weight and certainly nowhere near 3lbs, never mind 4 or the even more amazing figure of 5.

This fish, caught by my mate Andy 1984, is 2lbs 9oz

AndyCrofts2lb9ozPerch.jpg

This fish, caught by myself, is 3lbs 12oz

AndywithnicePerch3Lb12ozcopy.jpg

I reckon both of these fish are considerably larger than the fish the angler in the photo is holding.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

4lbers! I saw that a while back and had the same thoughts. The one next to the cigarette packet (look at the guy's finger at the top of the shot) looks nearer 1lb 8oz IMO.

Some of them are probably 2lbers. Nice perch, but I doubt they were weighed. Note the absence of actual specific weights. If I caught a 4lb perch (never mind, cough, 12 of them, some of them nearly 5lb :rolleyes: ) I would get a definite weight!

Big perch look very big. It's very easy to exaggerate a perch's weight if you've never seen a big one before.

The one in the photo below was 3lb 5oz, so not even close to 4lb, let alone 5lb.

It's a shame the comics publish this kind of stuff.

(PS I don't think Steve is around until about the 30th.)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

That's a lovely Perch.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

It was posted here with pics PERCH

By the way I don't go on that site because i'm barred :cry:

:bigemo_harabe_net-163::bigemo_harabe_net-163:

Women need a reason to have sex. Men just need a place.

The difference between light and hard is that you can sleep with a light on.

It just shows you how bad the standard of the reporting must be in the weeklies. If those at At actually think that these fish are even close to 3lb then they shouldnt be doing the job they get paid for. If we can all see that it is blatantly obvious that these fish are 1lb odd caught by noddies (probably no weighing scales) then a natiopnal fishing paper with in house experts should recognise it and not send it to print.....maybe a very poor week?

It just shows you how bad the standard of the reporting must be in the weeklies. If those at At actually think that these fish are even close to 3lb then they shouldnt be doing the job they get paid for. If we can all see that it is blatantly obvious that these fish are 1lb odd caught by noddies (probably no weighing scales) then a natiopnal fishing paper with in house experts should recognise it and not send it to print.....maybe a very poor week?

Exactly why (after having had both every week religiously for over 40 years even whilst abroad) stopped buying them a few years ago.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!