Yet More Royal Mail Strikes

Elton

I avoid using RM as much as possible after numerous problems. They manged to lose 2 ebay packages of mine in a month (both sent special delivery) valuable items that i then had to claim back through their slow compensation system.

I've now started using a courier, and i get rates as low as £5 a parcel.

Bye bye Royal Mail. :bye1::bye1:

Oh and the thing i hate most, is the posties being used as leaflet droppers. I have repeatedly asked them to stop stuffing this unsolicied (and un-adressed) junk through my mail box. But with my postie never being the same 2 weeks in a row, i'll never win that one. :angry:

if you write to your delivery office manager stating that you want to withdraw from recieving door to door items they will send you a form so you can do it,its a bit longwinded but it does get there in the end.just to make you aware but posties get a supplement for delivering these which can boost the wages,if you have problems with your postie i would recommend writing to the delivery office manager ,or going down to the office to see him/her.

The salary of the chief executive of a large corporation is not a market award for achievement. It is frequently in the nature of a warm personal gesture by the individual to himself.

John Kenneth Galbraith

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fear that it is tearing it's self apart, self distruction, as it's customers find more easier ways around the postal system and to bypass the hassel. I have always found the actuall posties polite and cheerfull at the door, that is what we will lose.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

I fear that it is tearing it's self apart, self distruction, as it's customers find more easier ways around the postal system and to bypass the hassel. I have always found the actuall posties polite and cheerfull at the door, that is the what we will lose.

your right barry its literally **** or bust at the moment.i personally think royal mails agenda is to run it down so they can sell off the profitable bits.ther are alot of dedicated employees who are looking elsewhere for employment.alot of gone allready replaced by people on part time contracts who do not appear to care about the job.if they cover your duty it is like a damage limitation exercise when you come back

Edited by hembo

The salary of the chief executive of a large corporation is not a market award for achievement. It is frequently in the nature of a warm personal gesture by the individual to himself.

John Kenneth Galbraith

The problem here is that like so many monopolies this one does NOT work!! But if certain of the workers could be cloned it would work SO WELL!!! Unfortunately with wheat you get chaff and it is this which effectively renders the post office a backwards working pile of doggie doo doo!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Oh and the thing i hate most, is the posties being used as leaflet droppers. I have repeatedly asked them to stop stuffing this unsolicied (and un-adressed) junk through my mail box. But with my postie never being the same 2 weeks in a row, i'll never win that one. :angry:

Yep that's another thing I agree with.

if you write to your delivery office manager stating that you want to withdraw from recieving door to door items they will send you a form so you can do it,its a bit longwinded but it does get there in the end.just to make you aware but posties get a supplement for delivering these which can boost the wages,if you have problems with your postie i would recommend writing to the delivery office manager ,or going down to the office to see him/her.

Unfortunately I have no faith in writing to the delivery manager because either the letter will be lost or the manager will be totally unconcerned as previous experience has shown.

Going down to his office entails me taking time off work, I work longer hours than he does, and I don't get paid for time off. I can't just pop around in my lunchtime the sorting office is 30 miles from my work.

When we all have to pay by volume to have our rubbish taken away my junk mail will be getting posted back in the box, with or without envelopes.

Edited by snotty

Our perception of time as an orderly sequence of regular ticks and tocks has no relevance here in the alternative dimension that is fishing....... C.Yates

The problem here is that like so many monopolies this one does NOT work!! But if certain of the workers could be cloned it would work SO WELL!!! Unfortunately with wheat you get chaff and it is this which effectively renders the post office a backwards working pile of doggie doo doo!!

Hi Chris,

One of the news items today was with a private parcels company, they do the sorting and collecting, get paid by the punters and then pay the royal mail to do the actuall door to door delivery as they say they are rather good at it. At present the parcels co are hurting as it costs them more to make other arrangements.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

My dig by the way WAS aimed quite squarely at the company as opposed to the DECENT hard WORKING posties!!!

Sorry NOT the sorting office asses in general!! But again always the one that breaks the rule eh!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Does the fact that most of the posties are back mean that to clear the enormous backlog they are going to have to do extra shifts and overtime..........more to the point are they then paid for said extras. That'll help make up for any money lost during the strike.

Apologies if I'm wrong! But if I'm not......................

I am dyslexic of Borg, refistance is sutile.............your ass will be laminated!

Does the fact that most of the posties are back mean that to clear the enormous backlog they are going to have to do extra shifts and overtime..........more to the point are they then paid for said extras. That'll help make up for any money lost during the strike.

Apologies if I'm wrong! But if I'm not......................

I think Colin that overtime only starts after 39 hours in any one week so any Saturday or afternoon work would have to be included in the the 39 hours before overtime payments were triggered

Yup thats how I work, we call it a rolling week except I have to do 50 hours before the overtime kicks in! Now this could be at any time. I could have to work any hours in the day or night, driving hours allowing. So realistically a postie could do three 10 hour days and then one at 9 and then be on overtime. That leaves 3 days to make the money up. I usually don't get until sometime on Friday before I've done near my 50. Sounds like a good crack to me.

Sorry if I sound cynical but there are plenty of people out there who do a lot more hours for less pay for far more responsible jobs, from my point of view bus drivers, coach drivers(like myself), away from transport most the of jobs in the NHS are not very well paid, nurses etc.

I did a bit of agency work for the PO and it was an absolute doddle for all around. Then the pinch came and they didn't hire in much and the full time staff kicked off as they actually had to work most of their shift, ahhh shame!

I am dyslexic of Borg, refistance is sutile.............your ass will be laminated!