Out of Weymouth

John E Ashford

:clap2: Yes he does but I don't think CC does, I believe he goes from the old naval base. :clap2:

I must be getting mixed up with all those Cats...might have to go back some time to do a recognition course...:):)

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must be getting mixed up with all those Cats...might have to go back some time to do a recognition course...:):)

The past few times I've been out with Pat he's boarded on the seaward side of the town bridge down near the harbour office.

Cracking big boat and excellent craic with Pat and Rick the crewman (who makes the best cup o coffee in the Weymouth fleet :-))

:clap2: That's Paul Whittall's boat Offshore Rebel with the nice crew member. :clap2:

Crews name is Jia and she's off skippering a 3 masted schooner on the high seas in a couple of weeks, really good she is. Pats boat can't fit under the town bridge very easily so he keeps it in front of the harbour office.

John, when you wave at us, make sure it's from his fly bridge when he's doing twenty odd knots. That would be good.

There is good fishing to be had down there up to december with bass and bream and waiting for the winter ground fish to show, directly after that it's brilliant if you can get out onto the wrecks for the spring run of pollack. Can't wait. Shortly going to do the deep hole trip, three miles off portland, conger, tope and big huss, followed by a day blonde raying, for the biggies. Worth a try.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

There is good fishing to be had down there up to december with bass and bream and waiting for the winter ground fish to show, directly after that it's brilliant if you can get out onto the wrecks for the spring run of pollack. Can't wait. Shortly going to do the deep hole trip, three miles off portland, conger, tope and big huss, followed by a day blonde raying, for the biggies. Worth a try.

There were lots of bream about last week and quite a few bass in the Race.

Some excellent blondes to 27lb on the kidney bank and conger to 60 lb + on the inshore wrecks.

Mackerel for bait were a bit scarce.

An unusual couple were a ballan or 4lb and one of 5lb 15 oz on sabiki lures off the Bill!

Here's the very lass your talking about

jai-and-sailing-ship.jpg

Jai left in October and many of you have asked where she is now. The plan was for her to have a month's holiday but three days after getting back to Thailand she was offered the opportunity to skipper another large fine sailing ship. This time the six month voyage will be around Indonesia. I'll join her sometime in February as her 'crew'.

Jai became an even better crew this year. I think she impressed us all with the way she just never stops working. She's there with the bait, she's there with the net and she's there to take the fish off the hook and then deal with it. She cannot do enough to help. She tries to explain to me that as a Buddhist she is on this planet to make people happy. If she works well and be helpful and make the customer happy then she is genuinely delighted. It's certainly a great attitude to have. The only problem is if you're not happy then she really thinks she's failed and it can take a bit of time to explain things! But many of you took the time to tell her that she was a superb crew. We were all amazed at how well she handled the fish, unhooking and filleting everything. She was a real grafter...and a brilliant cook. Again this year, I had some fabulous Thai dinners on the boat in Alderney whilst you lads were away to the local hostleries.

The main reason why Jai came to England this year was for her 6 month work experience as part of her Ocean Master training which is a three year course in Thailand. This course finishes in April 2007 and then 'the world's her oyster' as we say. I don't know if she'll be back as who knows where the sea will take her.

Jai wishes me to thank the our many customers who were so kind to her during her six month stay here. I hope she can come back next year but that will depend on her own work.

So, I am sure we all wish her well and to thank her for her persistent cheerfulness, unending politeness and willingness to help everyone!

Wish me luck, i'm spending the night in the sailors. :yucky: Hope i don't have a room above the bloody Kariokie. Fishing will be good though. :)

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Wish me luck, i'm spending the night in the sailors. :yucky: Hope i don't have a room above the bloody Kariokie. Fishing will be good though. :)

:D You'll get woken by the Seagulls though. I stay at the Warwick, bit dearer but en-suite and quieter. BTW, who are you out with?:D

Edited by Norm B

:D You'll get woken by the Seagulls though. I stay at the Warwick, bit dearer but en-suite and quieter. BTW, who are you out with?:D

Tried to get in there first Norm B, it was full. Two fab days with Paul and Jia. Lots of people have moaned about the sailors, but i slept like a log and for b&b it was ok. First day was blonde raying so i managed to get one just as he started up the engines at the end of the day so that delayed us getting back. Second day, deep hole trip, loads of conger on the boat, bull huss, three of us had a visit by a shark, good fun but no chance of landing it. one guy had a nice thirty pound tope, finnished off the day with bream to take home average three pounds. Again fab port and skipper etc. Can't wait for the next helping.

Tried to get in there first Norm B, it was full. Two fab days with Paul and Jia. Lots of people have moaned about the sailors, but i slept like a log and for b&b it was ok. First day was blonde raying so i managed to get one just as he started up the engines at the end of the day so that delayed us getting back. Second day, deep hole trip, loads of conger on the boat, bull huss, three of us had a visit by a shark, good fun but no chance of landing it. one guy had a nice thirty pound tope, finnished off the day with bream to take home average three pounds. Again fab port and skipper etc. Can't wait for the next helping.

:D Great, I love to hear reports like that, but then Paul is a top skipper. :D

Going out on the offshore rebel on the 29th October. Hopefully for BASS . Hope the weather is good . Any types or advice would be more than welcome. By the way has anybody any news on Ken Davidson from AMMANFORD the chap with the garden centre?