Well, Mr Shaw .......

H.A.

will it be like the current cod situation ?

All the little fish are discarded in a search to fill boxes with bigger more valuable fish to offset the price of buying the quota ?

There's no quota on bass Glenn.

Anyone with a commercial licence can fill their boots.

Once quota is used up on other species, or other species simply aren't available bass can (and does) become the target.

Immature fish are easy pickings, unlike cod, shoaling up in shallow water and rarely encountered further out (and/or when towing at slower speed, ie when targeting sole) and therefore also fairly easily avoidable!.

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The decision is to be released on the 26th of this month, unless there has been a leak.............

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

A reminder Sir, as you contemplate your imminent decision about bass MINIMUM SIZE LIMITS (MLSs).

Your predecessor had this to say just over a year ago and then 'bottled it' a week or two before confirming the Statutory Instrument -

FISHING - Minister makes right decision

From the archive, first published Tuesday 22nd Aug 2006.

Minister Ben Bradshaw dictating that the minimum landing size of bass is to be raised from 36cm to 40cm on April 6 next year has received a mixed review by sea anglers.

Many RSAs had been hoping for a far higher figure while others have welcomed the news and will continue lobbying for further increase in future years.

So what's it to be Mr Shaw?

<_<

Its pretty obvious like cornishman says! f**k all

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

The decision is to be released on the 26th of this month, unless there has been a leak.............

According to Fishing News, the decision will be announced in the next edition of DEFRA's Fishing Focus which will be sent out with this week's Fishing News, due in the newsagent's on Friday.

Postal subscriptions are recieved by most in the Thursday post, so they must go out sometime on Wednesday.

To go out on Wednesday, they need to be printed earlier, sent to whoever distributes Fishing News, and included in the plastic wrappers for posting.

So, by now, I would think that those Fishing Focus newsletters have already been seen by a lot of people in the distribution chain.

That's assuming that Fishing News has got it right, which they do sometimes..... I think.

For the rest of us , keep an eye on http://www.defra.gov.uk/fish/whatsnew.htm

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

So, by now, I would think that those Fishing Focus newsletters have already been seen by a lot of people in the distribution chain.

That's assuming that Fishing News has got it right, which they do sometimes..... I think.

Been told today by quite a few local commercial lads that the decision is indeed no increase and that the MLS for bass will remain at 36cm. The decision has already been conferred to the BASS Action Committee (NFFO) which is why the outcome is so widely known in the commercial sector, apparently it is alledged that those at the top of the BAC knew on Friday. I wonder when the BASS restoration Group will be told, if indeed they will be.

According to Fishing News, the decision will be announced in the next edition of DEFRA's Fishing Focus which will be sent out with this week's Fishing News, due in the newsagent's on Friday.

Postal subscriptions are recieved by most in the Thursday post, so they must go out sometime on Wednesday.

To go out on Wednesday, they need to be printed earlier, sent to whoever distributes Fishing News, and included in the plastic wrappers for posting.

For the rest of us , keep an eye on http://www.defra.gov.uk/fish/whatsnew.htm

Hi Leon,

FWIW in the near 30 yrs I have been reading the Fishing News they usually get it right. If it were cod rather than bass I'd also be hanging on every word the Aberdeen Press and Journal say. Must be diffficult for the London spin doctors to organise and control papers they have little relationship with I presume?

Glad to see the wee guy and open intelligent media win for once ;)

Chris

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net