I want to catch my first bass

the golden one

stop fishing at Noak Bridge? ok just joking

bass tend to prefer the second wave out so fish close in ,if others are catching them copy them!

not from thereabouts but no doupt a really helpful member will give you help catch those nasty spiny fish

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Bass are close-in fish at most venues. I watch them just coming in over the mudflats in a local estuary. Sometimes two or three at a time. They feed right up to the rocks on the shoreline, so do gar. I rescued a gar once, beached itself in the weed covered rocks next to the sea wall.

I catch bass at a rods length without casting on a small jetty just 10yds long, with a channel at the end. There is a pipe from the marsh stream under the jetty. It attracts bass, and I just dangle a big mussel bait, no tackle, just tie a hook direct to the main line of a spinning rod. The mussel must be fresh, not frozen.

Doesn't work every time of course, but when it does, it's amazing.

Help...I fish on the river crouch and no matter how hard I try i can't seem to catch a bass..any ideas gents?

Speak to Sam Aka The Dogs or Steve Coppello both are regular posters and 1) have Knowledge local to the crouch 2) both Acomplished Bass anglers, I Asked only recently about the very same venue, So I have no silver Bullett for you butt what I would say Is stick with it with Large fresh baits Be it worm fish or Crab, and dont be scared to Live bait at short range in proven Bass areas. This time of year tends to throw up better fish.

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

Help...I fish on the river crouch and no matter how hard I try i can't seem to catch a bass..any ideas gents?

:clap2: Bass are no great shakes, you're better of targeting mullet or smoothhounds, much better fight, although they don't taste so good. :clap2:

Edited by Norm B