York bans bonfire night

Ian FG

YahooWhy do we celebrate the torture, dismemberment and burning of Catholics? What other group would tolerate this?Why do we have fireworks for sale in our shops?Worst thing Marco Polo ever did was introduce fireworks to Europe.Discuss.
Why stop at catholics, fry the piggin lot of them.
Fair enough Ken but why do we sell fireworks in our supermarkets? Time it was banned.
We should have a ban on folks like you that want to bann what you don't like.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Catholics are a "cult" are they? Interesting view.

Fireworks/yobs the two go hand in hand.

Sure they are, a rather rich one, but a cult all the same. If they were proper Christians they wouldn't have some ex hitler youth jerk walking about with more bling than a rap star, would they.

If Jesus had really existed, he'd be turning over in his grave at the antics of this so called church. Have you ever seen Lourdes? What a tacky place.

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

Fireworks are part of the culture and that's that. I know loads of people who love a bang and a wizz (no, not sex on speed) on November the 5th who don't know and don't care about the politics and history that's being remembered.

Same goes with Christmas, celebrated by christians, athiests, muslims and hindus alike. Not because its a universal religious celebration but because it's part of the culture.

BTW, I think we should merge this with the annual I hate fireworkd thread from 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003 etc

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Why stop at catholics, fry the piggin lot of them.We should have a ban on folks like you that want to bann what you don't like.

I really admire folks who have fled the UK to live in a (catholic) country like FRANCE, who have never banned anything, and then keep me up to date on what is wrong with the UK. I respect and welcome their opinions. :thumbs:

BTW, I think we should merge this with the annual I hate fireworkd thread from 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003 etc

Yeah Ken, I just thought I'd kick off the Fireworks thread first this year instead of joining in towards the end :D

PS surprised to hear Jesus is no longer considered to be part of Christmas though :D

PS surprised to hear Jesus is no longer considered to be part of Christmas though

He was only ever there as a token jesture anyway. Nearly all the other symbols of christmas that you can think of and the date is pagan.

Edited by Ken L

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Yahoo

Why do we celebrate the torture, dismemberment and burning of Catholics? What other group would tolerate this?

Why do we have fireworks for sale in our shops?

Worst thing Marco Polo ever did was introduce fireworks to Europe.

Discuss.

It's only a matter of time before some human rights group say it offends the ethnics.

Fireworks will be banned eventually,same as flying the flag on St Georges Day or having an illuminated christmas tree in a shop window. We live in a multicultured country now and must conform, ( to the areas where politicians hope for their vote).

It's only a matter of time before some human rights group say it offends the ethnics.Fireworks will be banned eventually,same as flying the flag on St Georges Day or having an illuminated christmas tree in a shop window. We live in a multicultured country now and must conform, ( to the areas where politicians hope for their vote).
I for one didn't know that either of those were against any laws.
I really admire folks who have fled the UK to live in a (catholic) country like FRANCE, who have never banned anything, and then keep me up to date on what is wrong with the UK. I respect and welcome their opinions. :thumbs:
France is NOT a catholic country! "The Republic neither recognizes, nor salaries, nor subsidizes any religion", (Loi du 9 décembre 1905 concernant la séparation des Églises et de l'État). It is also known as Laïcité.Didn't you get history lessons at school, or did they run out of stories some time after Agincourt? ;) Edited by corydoras

Yeah Ken, I just thought I'd kick off the Fireworks thread first this year instead of joining in towards the end :D

PS surprised to hear Jesus is no longer considered to be part of Christmas though :D

Jesus was never really a part of christmas as no where in the bible does it actually state his birth date and december the 25th was simply hijacked by the christians to cover the roman festival of sol invictus and also the birthday of mithra(a god of persian origins). it also helped absorb some of the other pagan festivals that fell around that time such as saturnalia, bruma and yule.

As for banning things i think this country has suffered enough of things being banned soley because a few people object to them.