confused

Andykelly

I am a novice at fishing been doing it for about 3 months with a rod mainly float fishing and had some good catches .But we went to a place on sunday called blundells and all i caught was small bream and perch but there was also a lot of guys there with poles and the guy next to me on a pole was pulling big fish out for fun can any 1 suggest why this is i heard he was using caster and worm the same as me just didnt make sense and it wasnt just me every one that was rod fishing was doing similiar to me but the guys with the poles were doing much much better

I am a novice at fishing been doing it for about 3 months with a rod mainly float fishing and had some good catches .But we went to a place on sunday called blundells and all i caught was small bream and perch but there was also a lot of guys there with poles and the guy next to me on a pole was pulling big fish out for fun can any 1 suggest why this is i heard he was using caster and worm the same as me just didnt make sense and it wasnt just me every one that was rod fishing was doing similiar to me but the guys with the poles were doing much much better

'Horses for courses' Andy, there are times when a good angler with a pole will 'out fish' a rod and line angler, but there are also times when the reverse is true. It's down to presentation, type of water, type of fish, conditions etc.

I don't know the water, but if you've only been fishing for a few months, then you've still a lot to learn, so I wouldn't compare your own catches with those of what was probably an experienced angler. Just be happy in your own catches and try to improve gradually. (it's more fun that way ;) ).

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

He may have been fishing at a different depth to you, and using a different feeding pattern, next time pick a good opportunity to ask the angler for advice, most would happily help a novice.

Shaun, Still learning how to fish.

Are you having a laugh.....is he having a laugh? Are you not the same chap who posted on October 2nd that you caught 91lb of carp in a eight hour session., and yet you are asking US for help :lol: still :lol::lol::lol:

It's you that should be giving advice not asking for it :rolleyes:

I dunno Rabbit. If he is confused about some facet of angling, this should be a good place to ask.

For instance, I've been fishing a bit longer than you've been alive but still struggle with new species or new waters at times and I've certainly asked for advice on AN more than once.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I dunno Rabbit. If he is confused about some facet of angling, this should be a good place to ask.

For instance, I've been fishing a bit longer than you've been alive but still struggle with new species or new waters at times and I've certainly asked for advice on AN more than once.

andy, some lads live on blundles, they dont fish many other places and know all the pegs inside out !!it could be you were next to one of these lads, they practice for the rover matches and they take some beating, believe me!!

they are good angles who know there water !! hows old jack doing ??? what a character he is !!!

if you get talking to him ask him about cabbages, yes!! cabbages and the time he use to rent his donkey out !!!!

the guy will have you in stitches !!! he's one of a kind !!

its worth the peg fee for the laugh!!!

try floating bread in the summer months on blundles its awsome !!! but you need heavy gear on to get em out !!

good luck keep trying

darren/beastmaster :P

when you gotta go you gotta GO !!!!!!!!!

Fair comment Newt, but you don't catch nearly 100lb of carp with the amount of limited knowledge that he claims he has. I will gladly apologise if I am wrong.

Fishing a bit longer than I have been alive...then you must have held a rod when still in diapers (see I do try) :D

I was slightly short of 2 years of age when my Dad took me for the first time so over 60 years ago.

I have no real idea about the weights you folks can catch at times but I do know days will go very hot at times when fish seem to want to climb on the bank or in the boat with you and very little skill is required.

I know there are still times when I draw on every single thing I've learned over the years and still struggle to catch one or two fish during a day's fishing.

All that aside, unless we have one of our occasional obvious trolls posting, I am willing to assume anyone with questions simply wants answers. I can imagine a newish angler who has good luck on old silty bottom lakes needing help in how to approach a deep, clear gravel pit or river.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Guest Brumagem Phil

Theres only one thing in a mans life thats as enfuriating, frustrating and downright annoying than fishing..........and thats marriage!!! :D