Great British

five bellies

I brought this up In a different Post a minute ago and not wanting to High Jack the thread thought this matter warranted some further attention from the Great, Wise and good of Anglers Net

What Suppossed Great British Dellacacies do you find awfull and wonder how poeple Eat it ?

I will get the ball rolling.

Pease Pudding. truely dreadfull tastes earthy looks like its allready been eaten!

London Pie and Mash, Now I know that I am a Godless kentish heathen But what is it with you Guys?Lumpy Mashed spud, anaemic looking Pie of dubious content, And that flourecent green stuff Called Liqour :yucky: someone told me its Parsley Sauce Well My parsley sauce is a velvety creamy coulor and consistancy with flecks of Green fresh parsley in it Yum! Not Toxic Green and dumped on top of something that would make 1960s School dinners look good ?

Can any one out there top the dreaded Pie & Mash :yucky:

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can any one out there top the dreaded Pie & Mash :yucky:

Jellied eels.

'nuff said!

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

If you're prepared to allow modern "Great British Dellacacies", I cant stand:

Donner Kebabs (The real deal from Turkey for me)

Findus crispy anything - actually, I cant stand much in the way of ready meals at all.

Jelly

Parsnips - I don't care what you do with them.

I like peas pudding too. Nice big boiled ham stottie with real butter and lots of lovelly peas pudding. Mmmmm !

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

A load of tripe :yucky: Pigs trotters :yucky: Cow heel :yucky: But I do like pease pudding though. :P:) John.
Trotters are OK But being of Irish Ancestry I had to eat them or be a disgrace to my ancestors( actualy I think it had more to do with the thick ear if I didn't eat them) Cro- beins my mum used to call them Cold with bread and Butter!Cow Heel still eaten in the west indies as Cow foot Makes just about the worst tasteing soup you can imagine Like eating Clear cieling mastic in Gravey only stickier My wife who is Jamaican Made it for me once as a treat Bless her. the British stiff upper lip never waverd I ate it stoicly! took it like a man !And obviously convinced her that I liked it because she offerd me more at that piont I started crying and wanted my mum, That also worked as she hasnt put me through it again thank god.
If you're prepared to allow modern "Great British Dellacacies", I cant stand:Donner Kebabs (The real deal from Turkey for me)Findus crispy anything - actually, I cant stand much in the way of ready meals at all.JellyParsnips - I don't care what you do with them.I like peas pudding too. Nice big boiled ham stottie with real butter and lots of lovelly peas pudding. Mmmmm !
Yep Donners can count Ken one day I will eat one Sober and see if I agree with you.Ive got a feeling your right though.

Stotties are Great a bun that you can get a full English breakfast into Pukka top Marks to the North East for giving us them.

Edited by five bellies

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

I eat doner kebabs sober and love them!

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I eat doner kebabs sober and love them!

OK whilst on the subject of Donner kebabs sold in the Donner shops in London. Rum Babas rank!!

looks and tastes like a piles cushen soaked in syrup :yucky: I get the feeling they dont eat them in Turkey they just make them over here as a wind up.

انا آكل كل الفطائر

Cliftop, I think you should exclude yourself from this debate as anyone from the country that gave the world the tomato ketchup injected meat pie floater and the chicko roll ovbiously has no clue. :D:D

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

They turn out an excellent Donna down the road, pita bread good carbohydrate base, lashing of excellent salad and the meat is cooked well, not dry not raw.

I love all veg bar one BROAD BEANS, they must be an aquired taste that eludes me. :rolleyes:

Some thing to die for, large Red Sea prawns 6" plus dipped in a chick bean sauce with a hint of garlic, food of the gods :D:D

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist