Do you ever get the feeling........

Huge_Vitae

that life is conspiring against you?

Havn't been fishing for an age...........

Arrange a trip for Thursday, then get a phone call from my Son who wants to come home for Easter and I have to collect him and his gear from UNI.

Arrange a trip for Friday, get a phone call from a guy who wants to view a boat I am selling for a mate.

Arrange a trip for Saturday and number two son manages to break off his gear shift

Put off the trip for Sunday and wake to the sound of fog horns and almost zero visability.

So finally with no problems, appointments commitments or anything else to get in the way I am going out today for a trip, not much about but heck (or should I say 'feck' :cool: ) it's a nice day and I will enjoy it, in fact detirmined to enjoy it even if it's a blank.

A bit low (very low infact) on diesel so I phone the fuel barge to make sure they are open since it is a bank holiday.

For a few rings I start to worry, then the phone answers.........

"What time are you open till today?" I ask.

"We will be here till 4PM today, what are you after?" replies the very nice men.

With a beaming smile on my face and the thought of punching the beautiful Fubar around the Solent for a few hours I say " Just some DERV."

"Sorry," he retorts.......

"We have just sold out..................."

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Salar, if I find out that was you who had the last fifty gallons just because you were not allowed out this weekend you are in BIG trouble :D

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Originally posted by Huge_Vitae:

[QB] that life is conspiring against you?

Havn't been fishing for an age...........

:cool: Yes, frequently. My last 5 trips have been blown off. I was offered a space on one yesterday but I had to decline as it was drifting for pollock all day and I had a conger rod and reel to test. The next trip I'm offered is, drifting for plaice.

SCREAM. :D

[ 28. March 2005, 10:21 PM: Message edited by: Norm B ]

Huge_Vitae, your fuel is safe until the weekend after next them I am BACK, many brownie points in the bank ready to be cashed in. Hopefully the bream will be starting to show off Boulder - what do you think?

East Hampshire Boat Anglers www.boat-angling.co.uk

Salar:

Huge_Vitae, your fuel is safe until the weekend after next them I am BACK, many brownie points in the bank ready to be cashed in. Hopefully the bream will be starting to show off Boulder - what do you think?

:cool: Could well be bream caught, they're getting them in the nets offshore and smoothhounds are being caught by anglers already. :D

Norm.

You didn`t miss anything! :( We only managed half a dozen pollock between the crew!

The next day out of Watchet was doggie heaven!

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

It could have been worse, you could have had trouble catching launce for bait on saturday like me, then have your baitwell pump pack up on sunday morning, then go out and have to watch all the other boats filling their boots with bass caught on launce when you only have 2, then spend an hour looking for a wreck and not find it, then lose 2 fish in succession in another wreck, then run over some rope when 13 miles offshore and have it wrap round your prop......

:mad: As you can see, my weekend wasn't much better!

Like Fresh coffee? www.Bean14.com

Toerag:

It could have been worse, you could have had trouble catching launce for bait on saturday like me, then have your baitwell pump pack up on sunday morning, then go out and have to watch all the other boats filling their boots with bass caught on launce when you only have 2, then spend an hour looking for a wreck and not find it, then lose 2 fish in succession in another wreck, then run over some rope when 13 miles offshore and have it wrap round your prop......

:mad:    As you can see, my weekend wasn't much better!

:cool: I feel blessed. :D

We had a beach session at Lee-On-Solent on Sunday night; parked up, got changed, wandered up the beach and then found the red flag flying for the army range. Back to the car, further along the coast, found out from some locals that the flags aren't a problem if you stick to the beach.

First cast resulted in a beachcaster broken at the reel seat. Cobbled together a makeshift repair, but couldn't really cast any distance with it. Got the lamp out as it went dark. Mantle broken. No spare. End result: one very small pout.

Now waiting impatiently for a Daiwa SuperCast to arrive, and hoping it comes in time for the weekend. Does anybody know how long Spotty Dog Tackle usually take to dispatch? :)

Steve Walker:

We had a beach session at Lee-On-Solent on Sunday night; parked up, got changed, wandered up the beach and then found the red flag flying for the army range. Back to the car, further along the coast, found out from some locals that the flags aren't a problem if you stick to the beach.

First cast resulted in a beachcaster broken at the reel seat. Cobbled together a makeshift repair, but couldn't really cast any distance with it. Got the lamp out as it went dark. Mantle broken. No spare. End result: one very small pout.

Now waiting impatiently for a Daiwa SuperCast to arrive, and hoping it comes in time for the weekend. Does anybody know how long Spotty Dog Tackle usually take to dispatch?     :)  

:cool: No, but I do know that some of the tackle shops in that area do price match so you could have picked up your rod the next day instead of waiting for it. :D