AN Wobblethon - 24th February 2008

Anderoo

Well as we are not going to the Itchen fish in this year we might have a look at doing this one, got to get Sue new waterproofs and her agreement first.

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anderoo

Put Sue and I down for this trip; she will be modelling her new camo waterproofs that weekend?

I know and don't start a new thread!!!!!

By the way Travelodge in Ely are doing rooms on the 23-24th for £39 we could make it team HQ.

Tony

Edited by Tony U

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Morning all

I'm going to limit the number of places to 20 for now - the pace of people asking for a place has slowed to a crawl and there's still a couple of spots left (and some people will probably have to drop out nearer the time for various reasons), and I think any more will limit the amount of space we have when we go off a-wandering.

So if you want to come, get your name down!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Morning all

I'm going to limit the number of places to 20 for now - the pace of people asking for a place has slowed to a crawl and there's still a couple of spots left (and some people will probably have to drop out nearer the time for various reasons), and I think any more will limit the amount of space we have when we go off a-wandering.

So if you want to come, get your name down!

Put me down on the list, please :):)

• 3 weeks later...

Put me on the list provisionally dep on what the weather's doing.

I've fished both waters quite a bit, both can be hard come Feb.

The Wissey's quite shallow and fast-flowing around Hilgay and there are few spots you'll find anything other than jacks.

The Cut-Off can be coloured and up over the banks that time of year, which again makes for a bit of a grueller.

Put me on the list provisionally dep on what the weather's doing.

I've fished both waters quite a bit, both can be hard come Feb.

The Wissey's quite shallow and fast-flowing around Hilgay and there are few spots you'll find anything other than jacks.

The Cut-Off can be coloured and up over the banks that time of year, which again makes for a bit of a grueller.

Will do Chris. The idea is to catch a few pike rather than catch big pike, I think we'll be OK. A friend and I had 22 pike between us in a day on wobbled deads a few years ago! Biggest only about 10lb, but great fun. That was in Feb.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Anderoo

Do lures work well there?

Tony

Tony