AN Wobblethon - 24th February 2008

Anderoo

Afternoon folks!

Is there anyone coming who would like to fish alongside someone more experienced, to help with unhooking, etc? Also, any volunteers who wouldn't mind spending the day with someone helping out?

:thumbs:

I'm happy to spend the day with someone. If you'd rather fish on your own, no problem :)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WayneX2, as you were 1st reserve, I've moved you to the 'will be coming' list :)

Excellent.

I went out this morning for a few hours on a local stretch of river to get some more practise wobbling in and had a new pb, 9.11, and a smaller fish at around 4.8. Thats now my 4th pike over 8.14, feels like I'll never get a double.

Has anyone/does anyone on here fish the LAA stretch of the Wissey? Its been at the back of my head for about a year to head up and fish it but haven't got round to it yet. Just wondering if it would be worth a couple of trips up or not really.

Afternoon folks!

Is there anyone coming who would like to fish alongside someone more experienced, to help with unhooking, etc? Also, any volunteers who wouldn't mind spending the day with someone helping out?

:thumbs:

I'm happy to spend the day with someone. If you'd rather fish on your own, no problem :)

I would definitely like to fish alongside someone who is experienced if possible. I haven't done a great deal of piking so am still a bit nervous/unsure sometimes when it comes to unhooking. Its all well and good reading about how best to do it but its another thing when you have an angry pike thrashing about in front of you, so having someone to help and show how to do it would be fantastic.

I would definitely like to fish alongside someone who is experienced if possible. I haven't done a great deal of piking so am still a bit nervous/unsure sometimes when it comes to unhooking. Its all well and good reading about how best to do it but its another thing when you have an angry pike thrashing about in front of you, so having someone to help and show how to do it would be fantastic.

im more than happy to fish with someone less experienced , tho not over burdened with experience myself :lol:

wayne , you'll get there mate , i just crept over the double line after several 9's and years of trying

Afternoon folks, can I just check that everyone on the list is still coming? Once people are confirmed I can start sending out the info on directions, parking, bits of water we can fish, etc.

How does an 8.30am start sound? Will that give everyone enough time to get there?

Tony, are you still planning on doing some kind of mulled wine/kelly kettle thing at the end? Any preference on what time that should be?

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Tony, are you still planning on doing some kind of mulled wine/kelly kettle thing at the end? Any preference on what time that should be?

Anderoo

I will be doing the Kelly Kettle around Lunchtime but we will be doing the mulled wine at the close, probably around 16:30 we will need to define a central meeting place for this.

The Kelly Kettle I will do on the bank for whoever is around.

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Anderoo

I will be doing the Kelly Kettle around Lunchtime but we will be doing the mulled wine at the close, probably around 16:30 we will need to define a central meeting place for this.

The Kelly Kettle I will do on the bank for whoever is around.

Tony

OK thanks Tony. Let's say 16.30 as a meeting up time then.

Afternoon folks, can I just check that everyone on the list is still coming? Once people are confirmed I can start sending out the info on directions, parking, bits of water we can fish, etc.

Yes mate. Us three will definite coming :thumbs: One might be staying over but not sure yet

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/