Inflatables

Elton

I will correct a mistake I have made there, the kids swam to the pier legs. It is at the sea wall at Gorleston where the kids jump off the wall into the sea hoping to be brought back up onto the top by the huge swells that run along the wall. They get warned, moved on, and then come back. Now if I thought my kids might, just might be doing that I would be worried because, er, it is dangerous.

.... and then there's the parents (who are on the beach) who let their kids dig caves in the sand cliffs or deep, steep sided holes in the beach ...... which, guess what, collapse. Two near deaths this year.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm afraid I tend to side with Newt here ...

The prime directive of nature since time immemorial ...

Survival Of The Fittest.

The Older I get .. The better I was.

I agree, some people are non thinking, irresponsible and they pay the ultimate price sometimes.

But do we have to slate them on here.

Just seems a bit morbid to me.

ANYONE who ventures onto, or into, the sea is potentialy in danger, Knowlage, safety equiptment,etc, isnt a gaurentee that one day any one of us could come to grief.

YY

YY - not a big fan of http://www.darwinawards.com/ then?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Hi Newt.

Theres a time and a place for everything I suppose.

There is also, good taste, and bad.

Perfect, and imperfect.

As some would say......We are ONLY human , none of us are perfect examples, although we may strive to be.

Some have lots of luck and good fortune, others arnt so lucky.

You can only hope your luck holds out,and try to stay out of reach from trouble.

YY:rolleyes:

Vagabond:

Must agree with Newt - its called Darwinian selection.

If people really can't work out for themselves the dangers of an off-shore wind, then they are no great loss to the gene pool.

:cool: And the sooner they are removed the better. :D

I always warn people that may be visitors or may have only come over to the island recently about the size and strength of the tides.

Monday sees our biggest tide of the month;

13:43 1.3 metres 4.2 ft

19:25 10.9 metres 35.8ft

This is a 31.6ft change in water level,get stuck out on some rocks and it is finis.

The tide comes in at a slow walking pace in some areas and it is very easy to get cut off.

Get a flotation suit, dead simple, body is recovered, wife can claim the insurance money. If you aint got insurance you should not be fishing; I am one of the most cautious rock anglers on this planet but even I have been dumped by a wave in a place I would not choose to visit! Rockling.

PS insure your tackle as well! I didn't!