worst fishing moments

carphead07

hello all

i was thinking about my worst fishing moments the other day and i think mine was....

i was fishing down a local lake while having a match with a few mates(the match was to see who could catch the most carp) and it thundered and rained, the rain was so hard that within about 5 minutes of it raining i was soaked, and i had to walk home with all my fishing gear,

whats your worst fishing moment

Mike

mike finlay the carpinator

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try these for just two!

Pulling in the stringer to take a photo of the first ever 100lb Cat caught on the Ebro to find it gone! Hard one to swallow as who would have believed me and Rob?"Caught it,landed it,weighed it buy no photo??? YEAGHHHH!" get what I mean? Gladly this was shortly lived though as we caught several other lumps later the same trip!

More recently losing two big carp (I never loose carp!!) in sucsession on the Potomac River absolutely gutted me......especially as the first was lost through my own lazyness in using a hook length that had been in the rig bin for several years..... :(

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

hey carphead

my worst fishing moment was more annoying than anything else.

just made two great casts to the far bank. put the rods on the pod and sat back fairly confident that i would get atleast a couple of liners. nothing!

after 5 or so hours i thought id bring them in to see what was wrong.

both caught tree roots under the water as they were going down. what a waste of 5 hours fishing.

now i feel the leads down just to be sure they hit the bottem :D

cheers

in-line

alrite mike,

LOL dont get me started on my worst fishing moments aye? ive had so many you wouldnt believe it but i think the worst time was like the time on the bus (we wont go into that if you dont mind) and when i was seasick on southparade pier (sounds wierd but i think i was just sick im not sure) but i think my worst fishing memory was when me you connor and jay G went to eastney pier on what we thought was going to be an ALRIGHT day we were badly mistaken VERY strong winds tiping it down thunder and lightning and to top it all off we had to get the bus home not fun at all but we did all manage to catch fish ... i think connors black bream(s) were the highlite :lol:

dont be too dissapointed when you dont catch a fish after its not called catching its called fishing! :D

y was when I was fishing at a local pond and not catching anything other than a small perch until striking a bite on my Dad's rod while he was away from it ( 2.4lb hook length size 18 hook with 2 maggots ) which resulted in a 10 minute battle with a pike I reckon from the good look I had of it to be close to 20lbs. After 10 minutes it came off because the hook had pulled!!! I wouldn't have minded if the hook length had broke/bitten but to have it pull was gutting, it pulled as the pike was tiring as well and was no where near as brutal as some of the earlier runs.Going back this winter with proper pike gear to catch it though....... hopefully :-)ErrrmI was when I was fishing at a local pond and not catching anything other than a small perch until striking a bite on my Dad's rod while he was away from it ( 2.4lb hook length size 18 hook with 2 maggots ) which resulted in a 10 minute battle with a pike I reckon from the good look I had of it to be close to 20lbs. After 10 minutes it came off because the hook had pulled!!! I wouldn't have minded if the hook length had broke/bitten but to have it pull was gutting, it pulled as the pike was tiring as well and was no where near as brutal as some of the earlier runs.Going back this winter with proper pike gear to catch it though....... hopefully :-)Errrm

I've done pretty much the same thing twice. Fishing under a marginal bush, and I flicked the rig out and it just nicked the bush but plopped into the lake. I put im my freebies and fish were rolling and crashing around it on and off all night. No action all night and when I wound in, I found the rig had actually caught in the tree. It was just the lead that had slid off and gone into the water :(

Rob.

My worst has to be someone elses fault ;)

A few years ago, I was fishing a well know big carp puddle. First cast with a PVA bag, just getting set about sorting the second rod when the first went flying off. Played the fish fine until it was plodding around in the margins when the angler in the next swim pops in and volunteers to net the fish. Before i could protest and give it the usual "Tis ok mate, i usually manage fine on my own" he had the net next to the fish and close to getting it in. Next thing my heart is broken, the mad netter gets the lead clip stuck in the net with the fish on the outside, next thing i know a quick swish of the tail and she's gone....

I never spoke to him, and he just sloped off. I don't want to say how big i though the said fish was, but it was pushing 30, and me, having never landed a 30, it still gets me, even now.

To this day, no-one, without excpetion, ever nets my fish for me... ever....

Paul.

Edited by pikergonecarpin
There's no such thing as a bad days fishing..

alrite mike,

LOL dont get me started on my worst fishing moments aye? ive had so many you wouldnt believe it but i think the worst time was like the time on the bus (we wont go into that if you dont mind) and when i was seasick on southparade pier (sounds wierd but i think i was just sick im not sure) but i think my worst fishing memory was when me you connor and jay G went to eastney pier on what we thought was going to be an ALRIGHT day we were badly mistaken VERY strong winds tiping it down thunder and lightning and to top it all off we had to get the bus home not fun at all but we did all manage to catch fish ... i think connors black bream(s) were the highlite :lol:

connors black bream were blanteny luck jay lol and yer that probaly was my worst one too but the one at 3 oaks was quite bad too. for those that dont no me and basshead07 we are fishing partners and once we took too of our mates fishing and one of them (connor) had never been fishing before. and he went and caught too very small black bream, and ive bin sea fishing for 2 years now and i still havant caught one :angry: but thats mainly because i target bass :thumbs:

thank you everyone thats replied

mike

mike finlay the carpinator

My worst and best moments were shared in the same experience. I was game fishing in the dominican republic when we hooked a Marlin and it was my turn in the chair, the sun was red hot, the swell was huge and it was easily the most physically exhausting thing I have ever done, and I hated every minute of it....until after 40 minutes the fish was on the boat. Then I was sick everywhere!!!!

It was a glorious fish, I was burnt and bleeding and felt hideous....

Getting stung in the neck on a November day by a wasp that had got caught in the wind. I was so hacked off i pack up and went home. Had blanked to which did not help

STC

It was the fish i tell you, they were talking to me !!!