No I ain't going!

Dick Dastardly

Don't worry, I did the same on Sunday. I can handle rain or strong winds, but both together PLUS a flooded river with dead sheep floating past, no!

As a teenager, I would regularly smash a hole in the ice in pitch darkness so that I could pike fish or stay on the bank for a week on a wobbly sun lounger. Not anymore and I don't think that's a bad thing.

Jack Pike Hunter Extraordinaire

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can fish in the sun. I can fish in cloud. I can fish in the rain and I can fish in the snow!!

But if the bluddy wind comes up - I stay at home!!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

the great peter stone said if you are up for it go what ever the conditions, and if you are not up for it dont go what ever the conditions are, as you will always fish better when keen. makes good sense to me, so you are not a wimp budgie, you just did not feel like it :D

Fishing, the only rule is that there is no rule!

Well I went out for a couple of hours this evening, just got back. Was it worth it? In a word NO, I even dug out my stinkiest Danish Blue paste but to no avail.

Managed to stay dry but the rivers up a couple of feet and is a distinctly dirty brown colour. I think it was a case of fishing for fishings sake. I did see a large dog Otter in my headlight beam though, staring back at me, totally un-bothered by my presence, seems like he was off to the large slack under the bridge for his evenings fishing too.

Well I dont know! its stayed miserable all day here in SW London.Not too cold but just grey,wet and windy.Im pretty sure I didnt miss much but Im still a bit suprised I didnt go.

If you only have a set day to go fishing then you tend to go regardless but when you can more or less go whenever you want its sometimes harder to motivate! Got a few other things done instead so maybe its no bad thing.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Damned near perfect conditions....SW wind, high temps, what more could you wish for in December?

Only 2 of us on the lake today...we both caught a 20+, and the way they started to show at dusk, they will be feeding well tomorrow as well.

Would have loved to be on the Kennet after the Barbel............

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Being a lad of 31 yrs young, i tend not to take to much notice of the elements. I used to go fishing every Nov & Feb when i lived in Devon, in the heart of Exmoor. The only thing that made me pack up and go home early was the fact that i got a wasp sting in the neck. Can handle the wind, rain, cold temps, snow, hail the lot, but a sting in the neck did it for me.

STC

It was the fish i tell you, they were talking to me !!!