shooting

highseas

don't like pheasants lots around here breaking car windows ,much prefer pigeons and many hours sat under trees waiting with an air rifle at dusk to get them

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

don't like pheasants lots around here breaking car windows ,much prefer pigeons and many hours sat under trees waiting with an air rifle at dusk to get them

The peasents around here break car windows too. I hate em

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

When these threads start, I always wonder at the motivation of the person asking the question, its a pity they don't state their stance on the subject from the beginning.

I shoot game in season and vermin covered by the general licence all year round, I eat, give away, or sell most of what I shoot, except that which is inedible (by my standards) such as foxes, rats, etc.

I enjoy my shooting, as much as I enjoy my fishing.

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

Got a caravan over on the Mull of Galloway(Luce Bay) and am hoping to take early retirement from work shortly. I do own an air rifle so the plan is to pop the odd bunny or pigeon for the pot whilst staying over there.

Would not kill anything just for the sake of it though. Quite enjoy target shooting - I normally use empty beer cans if I can find any :drunk::bigemo_harabe_net-163: :bigemo_harabe_net-163:

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

When these threads start, I always wonder at the motivation of the person asking the question, its a pity they don't state their stance on the subject from the beginning.

I shoot game in season and vermin covered by the general licence all year round, I eat, give away, or sell most of what I shoot, except that which is inedible (by my standards) such as foxes, rats, etc.

I enjoy my shooting, as much as I enjoy my fishing.

Hello Cranfield

I think I remember High seas saying he was a trainee Game keeper.Remember the mink trap thread.

Edited by five bellies

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

hi cranefield as five bellies pionted out (well done that man) ime a trainee game keeper but maybe i will state that in further threds.

hunting and shooting is my first love with fishing a verry close second i can even do the two at the same time lucky or what

also does any one know of any drviven shoots in NW cumbria

chers all highseas

what people dont know dont hurt em

life is like a pube on a toilet seat some times you just get **** off

I'm just dishonest. You can always trust an honest man to be dishonest.Honestly, it's the honest man you need to look out for, because you never know when he's going to do something incredibly stupid." - Jack Sparrow

I would imagine there are UK forums where shooting might be seen as a horrible, nasty, inhuman thing to do so I was not surprised that a newish member decided to tred very lightly while getting a sense of the general feelings of the members.

Highseas - I am basically a redneck (uncouth, barbaric sort of fellow) and I have enjoyed shooting and eating most any legal animal that was in season. I even did a bit of dove shooting (well, shooting at them mostly with an occasional kill) when I needed to feel humble.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

could not have said it better myself (the shooting bit not the redneck bit)

as a matter of interest have you ever had squirrl

what people dont know dont hurt em

life is like a pube on a toilet seat some times you just get **** off

I'm just dishonest. You can always trust an honest man to be dishonest.Honestly, it's the honest man you need to look out for, because you never know when he's going to do something incredibly stupid." - Jack Sparrow

Squirrel - indeed. The meat is good although not much of it on a single carcass but pure delight is to scramble together equal numbers of squirrel brains & duck eggs and top with some sharp cheddar cheese.

Lightly fry fresh bullfrog legs as your side meat and I don't know of a meal anywhere that can top it.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

hi cranefield as five bellies pionted out (well done that man) ime a trainee game keeper but maybe i will state that in further threds.

hunting and shooting is my first love with fishing a verry close second i can even do the two at the same time lucky or what

also does any one know of any drviven shoots in NW cumbria

chers all highseas

Hi Highseas

I was intrigued by your posts and checked your profile, I noticed that you are 8 years of age, if you are in fact just 8 then any sort of job at that age is some achievement let alone a trainee game keeper. :thumbs:

Personally I dont shoot , I guess angling and shooting are similar in that a certain amount of hunting and stealth is required, but my personal satisfaction is gained from returning the creature I have caught alive back into its environment hopefully not too worse for wear. Game birds that are bred for shooting and the environment they are reared in provide an important habitat in this country and so benefiting a wider range of species both plant and animal, so management of such activities has a positive effect on our countryside, so good on you.

I feel no urge whatsoever to kill the wildlife that I observe, the thought of killing squirrel, frog, dove or even your truly is not for me. But I do accept that some folk do, and no doubt have their own reasons for doing so.

Of course if you are only 8 or American, none of this will make any sense at all. :wallbash: