SeaSickness fast cures

etivejunkie

Having never been sea sick before, I've recently ventured away from the shore on a charter boat after a few years absence from boat fishing. However I've been floored(literally) by sea sickness each time.

The conditions haven't been overly rough, but it is quite an old vessel with a single V-hull that dosen't hold particularly well in the water.

Does anyone have any ideas that'll keep me on my feet next time I'm off shore?

Keep going out......... it will pass.

Drink Coke..........

Seasickness pills are OK provided you take them a couple of hours before you go otherwise they make you throw up.

Keep your head up and watch the horizon...

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

i have been boat fishing for nearly 20 years now and never suffered from the old green face until two trips ago strange how it seems funnier when your taking the rise out of somebody else the novelty disapears when the tide turns on you (no pun intended) any how my tips ,

1.stay off the beer the night before

2.eat a good breakfast (nothing worse than heaving on empty guts)

3.keep an eye on the horizon or a distant ship if mid-chanel

4.invest in travel sickness pills (over the counter at boots)

5.dont gloat when your mates trying to inspect last nights vindaloo coz pretty soon it might be you

oh something else i picked up last time out,try to fish behind the wheel house(or central if fishing off the back) you will find theres a lot less movemnt in these spots ,hope this helps .but as huge said it does pass with time but never get complacent you never know when a good ground baitng session is gonna happen

You have my sympathies, its strange how it affects people one of my crew is sick when its rough the other one is not but the reverse happens when there is a swell hes ok the other one is sick I'm ok on the boat but when I get on shore and have a meal I feel sick and feel like I'm back on the boat. The other mystery is why dont people complain of sea sickness whilst swimming your bobbing about just the same.

i too get the wobbles when i get on shore after a days fishing,ive lost count of the amount of times im stood at the bar in the harbour and go to sip my first pint and stagger backwards a step, get some funny looks from the locals they must think all anglers are p***heads

I used to find tomato soup worked for me, and a can (or bottle full) of coke (has to be the real one and full fat).

Also, as has been said, try to fish in the middle of the boat, don't sit on the nets and breath in the diesel fumes. Eat before you go out and think about travel sickness pills but take them well before you go out or you will see them again :P

David

I've been to Scrabster... and I want to go back!!!

Stand under a tree?

Actually, avoiding tying knots is a good idea, concentrating on anything other than fishing is usually bad news. I once tried tying feathers sat in the bilges of my mate's dad's boat, never again.

[ 15. November 2004, 12:45 PM: Message edited by: Toerag ]

Like Fresh coffee? www.Bean14.com

Put Sea-Bands on your wrists, keep going out in gentler water until you get used to it, then you'll be OK. If you are under the weather, stressed, hung over or just plain tired, seasickness can afect you even if usually it doesnt, so go prepared physically as well as medically!

East Hampshire Boat Anglers www.boat-angling.co.uk