Under 10m War

Leon has just emailed the latest move by the under 10m fishing fleet, one comment that brought a smile to my face was made by Eastbourne MP Nigel Waterson who said:

"All along the coast fishermen are an important part of the local community and need our protection as much as fish stocks."

My answer to that is quite simple, no fish stocks no commercial fishermen, if there is nothing left to catch their viability will down the drain.

I do however have a certain sympathy with them when it comes to the division of the cod quota, there is an imbalance which needs to be addressed which allows a viable living for the under 10m mob whilst protecting fish stocks.

This had a certain ironical twist as well :D

"A crisis meeting held at East Hastings Angling Club today saw representatives of fishing communities from across the country pledge to join together in the fight against the Defra, which regulates the legislation.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leon has just emailed the latest move by the under 10m fishing fleet, one comment that brought a smile to my face was made by Eastbourne MP Nigel Waterson who said:

My answer to that is quite simple, no fish stocks no commercial fishermen, if there is nothing left to catch their viability will down the drain.

I do however have a certain sympathy with them when it comes to the division of the cod quota, there is an imbalance which needs to be addressed which allows a viable living for the under 10m mob whilst protecting fish stocks.

This had a certain ironical twist as well :D

nigel waterson my mp i think has a vested interest in boats so i have been told? paticulary on the insurance side of things whether that makes a difference or not i dont know? as for mr joy? well just do a google search about landing illegal cod and a fine. apparently joy and his merry men are being backed by the local ssfc no surprises there though ken, cheers........

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

Went fishing today, top end of the channel, first time since november due to the weather. There were three boats, result, codling all one size, no mixture, is that what the argument is about, commercially all of these one class fish are now being argued over. These are the ones that haven't had chance to breed yet. Plenty more fish in the sea? Been waiting for the winter run of cod, ain't happened yet. Does anyone think it will. The skipper has said that this is all he has seen this year.

Hi Stavey treid google but i could not get all the info, defra section has timed out, don't know if there is a direct link. I have found that there was a court case but no detail. Thanks.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Went fishing today, top end of the channel, first time since november due to the weather. There were three boats, result, codling all one size, no mixture, is that what the argument is about, commercially all of these one class fish are now being argued over. These are the ones that haven't had chance to breed yet. Plenty more fish in the sea? Been waiting for the winter run of cod, ain't happened yet. Does anyone think it will. The skipper has said that this is all he has seen this year.

Hi Stavey treid google but i could not get all the info, defra section has timed out, don't know if there is a direct link. I have found that there was a court case but no detail. Thanks.

Hi Barry

The point of issue is the unfair way that defra have allocated most of the quotas to the over 10 mtr vessels at the cost to the under 10 mtr vessel, incompedent mis-management of a commen shared resorce springs to mind. I call it just getting rid of the under 10 mtr vessels so the goverment can expand their aggregate dredging income, unappposed.

steve

Hi Barry

The point of issue is the unfair way that defra have allocated most of the quotas to the over 10 mtr vessels at the cost to the under 10 mtr vessel, incompedent mis-management of a commen shared resorce springs to mind. I call it just getting rid of the under 10 mtr vessels so the goverment can expand their aggregate dredging income, unappposed.

steve

I am aware that dredging is a big money spinning operation and that the uk actually export as some of the eu countries do not allow it, wonder why and correct me if i'm wrong. Also, most of the uk fleet is under ten so it does appear to have the shi.ty end of the stick. I also asked the question why have the french for example have so much quota in the channel all i could hear in responce was that it was decided during eu entry negotiations. Again i think the argument is over a very small fish stock and that is where the concern should lay.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Hello Barry

The arguments are about being allowed to catch enough fish of ALL species to earn a honest living not just cod.

Hi wurzel, do those hastings boys still have a bigger sole quota then you nowadays? or am i thinking of something else?

Try this article barry even though it was written in favour of the two chaps who got done, whether fairly or not? it also says a lot for sfc's

Hi Barry

The point of issue is the unfair way that defra have allocated most of the quotas to the over 10 mtr vessels at the cost to the under 10 mtr vessel,

steve

Hasn't it been going this way for several years now Steve ? Could it be that the increases in cod quota for the over 10m fleet are at the expense of the under 10's ? So no real increase in cod quota overall ??

Hello Barry

The arguments are about being allowed to catch enough fish of ALL species to earn a honest living not just cod.

Hi Wurzel,

i don't dissagree with you if the fish are there to take. No one appears to argue over what is an uneven split between say the french and uk quota in the channel everyone accepts it. Also why have the big boys got all the quota leaving a few % for practicly all of the uk fleet as the majority are under ten. This appears to be the accepted norm.