Picture Of The Month .. December 07 .. Winner

MrWiggly

Winner … Picture Of The Month .. December 2007

==================================

And the winner is …

and 'Relax' . . . Sutton Warrior. :clap2::clap2:

--------------------------------

EarlymorningrwIMG_0547.jpg

Congratulations to Sutton Warrior on winning this months competition .. And well done to all who entered !!

Sutton Warrior will now be the judge for the currently running competition, which started on the first week of January 2008.

Congrats again! :thumbs:

Wiggly. :rolleyes:

=============================================================

Votes Cast.

------------

Pic1. .. 6

Pic2 .. 9

Pic3 .. 27

Pic4 .. 19

Pic5 .. 7

Pic6 .. 19

Total Votes .. 87

---------------------------------

It appears that we have an equal number of votes for the runner-up. Therefore, in accordance with the rules, I shall ask the judge of this competition to declare his choice.

----------------------------------------------------------

The Final Six.

-------------

Your Judge for this competition was Hellbelly.

================================

Picture No: 1

----------------

It's The Nutz.

----------------

Nuts-s.jpg

Picture No: 2

-----------------

Red Ice.

-----------

RedIce.jpg

Picture No: 3

-----------------

And 'Relax'

---------------

EarlymorningrwIMG_0547.jpg

Picture No: 4

-------------

Low Water.

--------------

HD1.jpg

Picture No: 5

----------------

Skyline Dawn.

------------------

IMG_3293.jpg

Picture No: 6

----------------

Robin.

--------

ROBIN.jpg

====================================

Judges comments.

--------------------

OK, lets start this thing and see how far we get hey!

#1 Westie with Red Ice : A simple photo but I like it still. Its a colourful shot, well framed (not centered, I dont like things that are centered) and fairly crisp too. Also, there's a little bit of bokeh going on too.

#2 Pikergonecarpin with Robin : A very crisp shot of the little fella there. I like the splash of colour that the Robin has, it stands out against the white background (snow, my god, what's that!). The framing is fairly good IE bird is left of centre and faces into the picture, although I would have liked to have cropped a little more off the left.

#3 Snatcher with Skyline at Dawn : A very nice shot there by young Snatcher (and not beer cans either haha). Fantastic warmth coming out of that sky. The focus could have been a little sharper on the first chimney but overall it works for me. Simple but dramatic. If the wire running across had been cloned out it would have been even better. (Mod Note …. Not allowed. See rules !!)

#4 Ollie Jay with Its the Nutz : Nicely exposed shot this one. I like the tight crop, it really says everything that needs to be said (the tight crop that is). The focus is fairly sharp too (could have been a tiny bit crisper). It says "Christmas" no matter what side of the planet you're on.

#5 Sutton Warrior with And Relax : Nice work controlling exposure shooting into the sun. Nicely framed with not too much land in the foreground, the horizon below center and the sun off to one side. The name says it all for this one. And Relax. I like it.

#6 Mr W with Low Water : What a great photo this is. The colours are so vibrant, the scene so busy. What a great little village. I really love it. The pic really captures the moment. Great use of a small apperture too, getting a good depth of field. My only nit pick would be the slightly less attractive boats in the very foreground. Maybe cropping them out but then you've have to crop the side too. As i said, minor nit pick.

OK, that wasn't too hard. It was kinda fun.

Cheers......Mick.

----------------

Edited by MrWiggly

The Older I get .. The better I was.

Nicely explained Hellbelly and well done on judging a difficult comp - so many great photos.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Congratulations, SW. A lovely picture and worthy winner. Well done to all involved.

A fantastic response in the voting, too.

Westie.

If you're being chased by a police dog, try not to go through a tunnel, then on to a little seesaw, then jump through a hoop of fire. They're trained for that.

Visit My Photo Gallery

Nice one Mick and well explained too. Yes this comp is looking very healthy and I really love the challenge of it all. I am fairly new to photography compared to most on this forum so am trying to play catch up.

Have been told by a few folk that I have the "eye" for it. Not sure if it was a wind up but it was nice of them to say so anyway.Just got back from the local beach and it was freezing. Was hoping for a few good sunrise shots but the colours never turned up.

I am sure I will come up with something for the comp before the end of the month :thumbs: Now I know it is not proper to talk about photos in the current comp but this is really an exceptional circumstance. It is about the dangers of too much alcohol and cameras. I was in absolute stitches when I seen what I had posted up,could not even recall doing it!!! :drunk: . Everyone said that the Rockcliffe Arms won the tug of war because we had some red eyed aliens on our side :bigemo_harabe_net-163: :bigemo_harabe_net-163:

Beware it does not happen to you! :camera::roll1::crazy:

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Whoa, great comp with quite a few entries again. I enjoyed having to pick my top 6 too. And the runner up position is a tie so I have to pick the winner (of said tie). While I really liked the Robin shot Mr Wiggly's "Low Water" shot was a hit with me from the moment I saw it. The colour, the organised chaos and the charm all work together to create a super photo. I thought it would go all the way but Mr W will have to make do with Runner Up.

Cheers......Mick.

rb_getcreative.gif

Although a little down on entries compared to last months Comp, the variety and quality of entries continues to impress.

Really surprising was the number of votes for the Comp ..... 87 !!! As far as I am aware this is the highest number of votes on any topic that I have seen throughout AnglersNet. :blink::o

What we would like to see now is those 87 people picking up their cameras, and getting pics into the Comp !! :lol:

Ours thanks must go to HellBelly for his stirling work in giving us his judgement and a very good summing up. :clap:

Edited by MrWiggly

The Older I get .. The better I was.

What we would like to see now is those 87 people picking up their cameras, and getting pics into the Comp !! :lol:

NO NO NO, not this month when I'm judging the comp . . . . please :cc_surrender: Dont forget 'I'm SW snap shot, sharp shootings me' name, sharp shooting the game'. No technical 'mumbo jumbo' here, if it take me' fancy, thats good enough for me, its a 'snap shot'. :crazy:

SW