Wheres Everyone fishing this weekend?

MatNewman

I am meant to be fishing a match at Orell Resevoir this weekend. Just checked the forecast and this may change!

Check out

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/nw/...t_warnings.html

Orrell rezers used to be brilliant 30yrs ago before it was drained landscaped and filled with Carp. Don't get me wrong I've had some corking carp bream and tench in there but it's not a patch on the old rezers.

At the moment the waters looks like a buliding site with all the roadworks etc going on.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Orrell rezers used to be brilliant 30yrs ago before it was drained landscaped and filled with Carp. Don't get me wrong I've had some corking carp bream and tench in there but it's not a patch on the old rezers.

At the moment the waters looks like a buliding site with all the roadworks etc going on.

It fished alright for me when I first started, then it was hit with disease and algae that killed it off. I didn't get chance to fish it 30 years ago, I wasnt born.

When did they get rid of the pike in the rezers was that when it was drained?

When did they get rid of the pike in the rezers was that when it was drained?

Yeah when the original Rezers where drained the fish where moved elsewhere. The rezers was full of crackin Pike and the water was pristein and clear now it's filthy.

It is grim at the moment, but the forecast looks dry for Saturday (a bit nippy though), so it will either be a spot of Perching or Chubbing.

' The "Dandy of the Stream", a veritable Beau Brummell, that is the Perch and well he knows it!' --The Observers's Book of Freshwater Fishes of the British Isles

Visit My Galleries

I will be down with some friends at my local on Sunday - BLIMEY!! They are forcasting SNOW!!!and winds of 22mph!I will be down with some friends at my local on Sunday - BLIMEY!! They are forcasting SNOW!!!and winds of 22mph!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

I will be down with some friends at my local on Sunday - BLIMEY!! They are forcasting SNOW!!!and winds of 22mph!I will be down with some friends at my local on Sunday - BLIMEY!! They are forcasting SNOW!!!and winds of 22mph!

KB you seem to have developed a stutter or you've got an echo KB you seem to have developed a stutter or you've got an echo KB you seem to have developed a stutter or you've got an echo KB you seem to have developed a stutter or you've got an echo

Never mind m8 just keep tekkin the pills it'll be ok :blink:

Edited by tigger

I'll be fishing on Saturday.

For those of you/us in the South West the forecast is good for Saturday. Terrible tomorrow (Fri) and Terrible on Sunday. But Saturday looks good :thumbs:

The best time to fish is when you have a chance.

Trying for perch in the marina unless its blowing a gale in which case i will be red wine tasting at home lol steve.

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream: