has anyone ever fished western australia

wsmlewy

My mum and dad have moved to oz and i will be going there in march for a few weeks but am unsure what fish they have to offer in there rivers i know they have carp and thats about all i know any advice would be appreciated many thanks

Australia is pretty large and I doubt you want to travel 500 or 1000 miles to fish during your visit.

A city would be good to know and since we have several Australian members plus more with relatives there, someone can probably give you suggestions.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

My mum and dad have moved to oz and i will be going there in march for a few weeks but am unsure what fish they have to offer in there rivers i know they have carp and thats about all i know any advice would be appreciated many thanks

G'day mate, a bit more info please, Perth, Albany, Northam, Geraldton, Kimberley District????

WA is roughly 8 times the size of the British Isles....And NOT much in the way of running rivers. So, if you can give us the general area, we can fob you off....er....give you good info. :oops:

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

There's a new Anglers' Net in Australia. Nothing to do with me, but may be worth popping in and saying you're from here :)

http://www.anglersnet.com.au/

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

There's a new Anglers' Net in Australia. Nothing to do with me, but may be worth popping in and saying you're from here :)

http://www.anglersnet.com.au/

thank you elton

they live near perth by the moor river funny enough but my brothers been fishing it apparently not that hes got a clue what hes doing hes only 9 bless him but atleast he tries.

I have been there and seen people fishing in there but they were in boats its a big old river and big rivers scare and lots of water scares me to much chance of blankety blanking

The keys on a largish river are

- go to the fish rather than trying to bring them to you

- locate likely looking spots and give them a good try.

Any obstructions should have a good chance of holding fish somewhere around them. This includes any natural ones (fallen trees, rocks, etc.) as well as man made such as bridges, wing dams, jettys, boat docks, and similar.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

thank you elton

they live near perth by the moor river funny enough but my brothers been fishing it apparently not that hes got a clue what hes doing hes only 9 bless him but atleast he tries.

I have been there and seen people fishing in there but they were in boats its a big old river and big rivers scare and lots of water scares me to much chance of blankety blanking

The river is salt water around the town area. Upstream, is a fairly rare type of gallaxid.

Guilderton is the small township on the Moore River. The river has bream and skipjack, usually in the 8" size. On the beach side, there are jewfish, usually in the 2-4 kilo weight, but occasionally in the 15-20 kilo range. In season, off the beach, chopper tailor can be caught, using poppers and/ or metal slices.

http://www.mastery.com.au/qt/panos/mooretour.html

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

Hi Mate,

Not much freshwater fishing in the Moore River area I am afraid but the beach fishing can be quite good. I have heard that a Spanish Mackerel was caught off the beach near Moore River the other day. Try getting out on a boat after sambos as long as you don't have a heart condition. They fight like nothing you will have ever ecountered! Call into the site Elton suggested and you will get plenty of information there.

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.