Seven Myths about Incapacity Benefit

YakDiver

Yes and look at the demise of South Wales too, but the world does change as does the shift in economies and we all have to adapt. If you cannot adapt or refuse to then you will be left behind, it really is no use bemoaning what we were better to think of what we can be. Yes it was hard and Arthur Scargill did nothing except alienate a whole country against the miners, for the sake of trying digging heels in quicksand.

Its the people that drive the community forward not Government and looking back as to the great wealth and happiness you had is a myth, even when the mines were operating their was extreme poverty a blackened landscccape and early death for many that worked in mining. It is a better life for many, its just that some have not dragged themselves in the new millennium.

Totally agree with that.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

{edit note: comments removed.

Nick - if you find this topic upsetting you so easily, why not avoid it?

You've been a member here long enough to know that they never change anyone's opinions and simply provide a place to vent both reasonable and unreasonable heated views.

I don't think anyone's mind has ever been changed and people will believe or disbelieve whichever comments fit their ideas so rebutting beyond once (to get your view on record) is not productive unless you are enjoying the fight which you evidently are not.

Newt}

Fortunately the medical profession has moved on and recognised that enormous detriment that mental health issues pose to modern society. It is finally recognised as a genuine problem and is being dealt with accordingly.

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

In another recent interview Dwane Hoodie , live in lover of 17 year old mother of 6 Sharon Chave said " God Im so depressed aint I like. I need more money an' a bigger house to bring up me kids because I love me kids an' it's not fair that some people have got a bigger house than me just 'cos they got a job an' I 'aven't. Im sooooooo depressed about this and after all its me rights to have a big house with 6 kids init like... the guvermint should ought to respect that and respect me an' me kids. I don' know what we're gonna do when the new baby arrives 'cos the council ain't give us a bigger house yet and me mate Adam reckons that it's all the stress that's makin' me tired all the time so I can't get a job.Ha ,I can hardly get out of bed on a evenin. They've probly given all the big houses it to some immigrunts "

Yoxer - again opening mouth without putting your brain in gear - AND treading on very dangerous ground!

Do you honestly think for one moment that the DSS will say "Oh, mental problems - we'll put you on IB!!" if you do you're an idiot!!

To get "put on" IB with mental problems, you must first be referred to a psychologist for assessment,

Then be referred to a psychiatrist, who will THEN refer the person to the DSS for assessment!!

If there is any doubt in ANY of the three stages, they WILL refuse to pay. The only other road open to the hapless individual is a tribunal!

Easy???? My Backside!!!!

Edited by kleinboet

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

"As an individual with mental health problems I find your put downs both pathetic and offensive."

Im most terribly sorry to learn of your mental health problems Nick , perhaps this is why you find my put downs both pathetic and offensive. If you are claiming benifits for this condition , do you think its right that others that need to work for their living should be forced into contributing to your welfare , or would a chartiable donation be more acceptable should they consider your problem to be their problem as well

I was just answering yoxers query as to what I believed was the big change that happened to the work force in the 80s.

It wasn't just about Scargill and the miners, it was a change in the whole system in this country. The change encompassed the politics, the economics and the mind set of a large part of the nation.

Whether you found this this change good or bad, depended on your type of work, your geographic location and your original work ethic.

The skills that had been taught and learned in the manufacturing industries, went to the wall. Workers who had skills and pride in their work, were forced to take low paid, unskilled, repetitive jobs, with no future and very little incentive other than paying the bills.

I've heard people say that Thatcher, tamed the unions, but Scargill and co were not the unions, they were just the mouth pieces, who lived lifestyles that were far removed from the 'ordinary' members.

It was the workers, the ordinary people that were 'tamed', (though broken would be a better term).

Is it so hard to see how this would effect large sections of the work force, and the 'knock on' effect on their families?

I find it amusing when I hear people who supported this regime ask, "what has happened to our society?" They 'broke' society, and replaced it with a 'stuff you, I'm alright Jack' way of thinking. As proven by the quote,"There is no such thing as society, just men, women and their families". (Look it up if you don't know it).

We are now seeing the effects of this legacy, in all aspects of life today.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John