best thing about fishing

carphead100

What do you all feel is the best thing about course fishing????????? catching the fish or playing the fish or even waiting for the fish to come.?.?.?.?

Dan.

Edited by carphead100

I'm not really a fisherman, I just like to think I am.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The "best" thing is a difficult question to answer as the question could be meant many ways.However from what youve put in your post I think this would be my answer-

For me the bite is the ultimate moment.It doesnt matter if its a float going under, an indicator moving,an alarm going off, a surf rods tip bouncing back or a fly leader straightening.This is the exact moment Im waiting for at all times when fishing. Am I going to hook the bite? am I going to get one at all!!! What will it be? will it be big?,will I land it? The ultimate moment of anticipation and one of the "best" things in fishing.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

The "best" thing is a difficult question to answer as the question could be meant many ways.However from what youve put in your post I think this would be my answer-

For me the bite is the ultimate moment.It doesnt matter if its a float going under, an indicator moving,an alarm going off, a surf rods tip bouncing back or a fly leader straightening.This is the exact moment Im waiting for at all times when fishing. Am I going to hook the bite? am I going to get one at all!!! What will it be? will it be big?,will I land it? The ultimate moment of anticipation and one of the "best" things in fishing.

spot on there Budgie ;) . its definately that split second moment of uncertainty following the bite . but also just being out by water does it for me catching or blanking (although the former is the more preferable of the two :D )

when the float bristle sinks, it beats the quiver tip bending around or bite alarms hands down. Just waiting for that first bite that first time the float dives under the surface and you strike into a fish, love it!!

Edited by mjbarnes12
wait wait wait, dip, strike, net, wait wait wait.....

bite alarms however i do not get the satisfaction from.

What not even if it could be that massive carp that you saw moving around the edge of that lily pad you baited and carefully put your baited rig next to just before it got dark?

Or if its the first noise youve heard in the dark since that 6' long catfish stopped "fry feeding" on all those 4lb carp just near where your bait was placed?

No a bites a bite surely? Astheticaly some means of bite detection may be better than others but surely the bite regardless is the exciting thing?

When your freezin cold and youv'e had enough.........thank F*** for that, time to go home .........get that firkin Kettle on !! :)

I can kind of relate to that as well! the boat trip back in the dark after a days piking on the res,its really nice seeing the lights on in the lodge kind of warm and welcoming!

For me it's the anticipation, and starts before I even cast a line. During the day it varies in intensity depending on how successful I am. It increases as I start to get bites, try a different approach, or move swims.

If I find that it's starting to wane, I stop, and maybe have a short walk, and a think. By the time I return it's high again.

The last hour of any session sees it at the same level as when I started.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John