Amble..??..September.??

Norrie

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi John, There are 7 definates so far, room for one or two more...the list reads, Yourself,

Peter,Mick

Shaun

Nickinthenorth,

Phil dean

oh....and ME.....

BTW ,dust off your pirks and get on to Chris Goddard and get yourself some Hokkais, in all sizes, a few traces in each size will suffice mate. Chris if you read this, I want another tenners worth mate, cheque in the post in the morning....

[ 26. July 2004, 11:58 PM: Message edited by: Norrie ]

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

cheers guys and thanks, Alan, I'll bring jim over but it will probably be after i've finished the ground floor of the house (probably end of next year)

Norrie, as long as you don't mind me having to go home after both sessions, I'll do the two days. The missus and I are doing up an old church and we've booked that week for some serious decorating, so I've got some limits on what I can do.

can you give me an idea as to what gear I'll need, will a fixed spool reel do (my sea reel takes 200 -250 yards of 20lb line I think), what rod should I get and what range of hooks weights line strengh etc?

sorry but though i sea fish quite a lot the only boat fishing I've done is for Tuna where all the gear is provided.

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

Phil, Of course you can travel home at night, the B+B is not obligatory mate...tho' you might miss some fun, and Nick buying a round... :D As far as gear goes, dont worry about it, I can give you a rod and reel that will fit the bill,no use you buying gear when it may not be used again for a while....so dont worry about anything except warm waterproof clothing, and wellies. :D oh, and a big (as we say in Scotland) piece....thats sarnies to you mate.... :D

[ 27. July 2004, 07:51 PM: Message edited by: Norrie ]

Theocritis..

Not really John, more like 20lb stuff,minimum, I think we are after fairly big cod on wrecks lying in about 100 or so foot of water....with 12oz to 1lb pirks,and large Leadheads. :)

[ 27. July 2004, 08:27 PM: Message edited by: Norrie ]

Theocritis..

Phil as Norrie says dont worry about the gear I will also bring a full 20/30 Lb outfit extra for you if you need it. This style of fishing is relatively new to several of us so we will all learn together, look forward to meeting you.

When Norrie was having a wee sleep on Sunday I caught us about 25 mackeral as bait so dont worry about bait either.

Ps Blackvelvet And Snatcher are you interested.

A bad days fishing is better than a good day at the office. Tight lines all.

any spare places norrie? been a long time since i sea fished but depending on work i may be up for it

[ 27. July 2004, 08:51 PM: Message edited by: jeepster ]

in fact, sod work, if theres a spare place, put me down for the two days

[ 27. July 2004, 09:01 PM: Message edited by: jeepster ]

Jeepster we said we would look for 8 but would take one or two more rather than disappoint somebody, as I see it if you are number 8. Confirm you are are deffinate and we look forward to seeing you. Ps if you need gear let us know.

A bad days fishing is better than a good day at the office. Tight lines all.