Norrie

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Norrie:

Jon, Looking for more of the 30lb stuff, its magic on the wee mulipliers. :D

Me too Jon - 30lb also if you have any.

"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, and call whatever you hit the target."

BTW Nick's never bought me a drink, but I have bought him one, and to be fair he had just given me a fishing real at the time and a full coil of fly line, so I think buying a drink was a bit cheap of me, I'm sure I must owe him another at least.

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

• 2 weeks later...

Norrie:

Yes Please Alan, That would be great...thats what is used on the wrecks there :D:D ...

Hi Norrie,

just made up 18 of these for you, ran out of shads and eyes, sorry. If you think you will need more (most are 8 oz but a couple of smaller for the tide slackens.

Posted Image

If you use some of these from chris,

Posted Image

take the clip off and tie the leadhead eye directly to the remaining line, the lead head does not seem to work so well (just a sujestion). You could get into trouble if you have 4 fish on at the same time.

If you think you will need more, be quick as I have a lot to prepare for next week.

Cheers

Alan

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

hello Alan,

bestest pal, mate , good buddy ... scrounge, scrounge, grovel, grovel :D:D

any chance of some of the leadheads coming over this way???????

pweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeee :)

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

Davy Holt:

hello Alan,

any chance of some of the leadheads coming over this way???????

No problem Davy, the 5 and 6 oz have 8/0 big game hooks (35p each ) I only mention the price because the 8oz hook with eye were a lot more so went for the loop from the supplier but the hooks from the tackle shop. Let me know how many of each weight and I will dump them on Norrie :D but keep in mind he will probably have a limit of 40kg on his bagage.

I have some smaller ones that I make from a mold supplied by fishteck, I only have a couple of the hooks/ring left but if you want them no problem :)

Phil, no cost and no problem I will bung a few in a seperate box for you if you bung a few in the box for the RNLI, I give nothing away for free :D:P

As this trip of yours is an AN one I will try and make enough to go round.

You will have to get your own Shads though and eyes (I got the eyes from America and they were so expensive that I refuse to deal there again).

I see there are a couple of fresh water anglers on the trip, bit of advice on the shads, they are quite cheap so get a few of varying colours and watch to see which colour is catching then change over

The fish live in the wreck so that is where your lead head has to be for a second, two turns and pump up and down ( you all know how to do that).

As you are drifting drop back down again as the lure will have lifted away from the fish with the tide.

If you can manage it have an extra rod rigged up with a lure, this way if you lose a lure at the start of a drift, just wind in the slack line and get back down again with the spare rod, then when you are going back to the wreck for another drift, rig the first rod back up again.

I don't know what your tides are for that date but if they are big springs I doubt if the lead heads will be any good unless you are using very thin braid and a Fixed spool reel or as the tide slackens.

You can of course use other rubbers/plastic lures on the lead head or even baits ie Mackeral strip.

Used rubber lures, don't mix them together unless they are the fishtek ones, all the others end up as one big gooy mess.

Sorry lads got a bit carried away there. :D

Alan

[ 05. August 2004, 07:13 PM: Message edited by: Alan Taylor ]

Jaybee/all.I will get out on the blistering hot balcony in the morning with safety glasses, fire proof overalls, work boots, welders glove, face mask and make up 27 of the 8 oz, thats all the hooks I have left, lead enough though.

Jaybe, if you ever have line that needs field testing

Or same deal as Phil, a couple of quid in the RNLI :)

Alan