February Comp ..

MrWiggly

Hi everyone … :D

A very welcome increase in the level of entries in February’s Competition .. 46 entries !! And with a noticeable improvement in quality and variety overall.

Nice to see some “New Faces” taken part, as well as our “Regulars” !

Over the course of the last few Comps it is apparent that contributors are now beginning to think more about the shots that they take, and are not just relying on “point and shoot”. Consideration of positioning and composition are now coming into play.

I think that expanding the Comp format to include all subjects is now starting to show results. We have in this Comp everything from Landscapes in blazing sunshine to night shots using flash. This increased variety gives us all the chance to look at how others do it .. and learn !

A close-run finish in the vote in the January Comp, and our thanks must go to all our voters. It was nice to have a winner again .. But I’m not so sure about the judging part !!

Let's hope that the Comp gets bigger .. and better !! :clap2::thumbs:

Well done everyone !! :clap:

Wiggly. :rolleyes:

The Older I get .. The better I was.

Nice one sensai :notworthy: Getting my "golden handshake" from work this month so I will be riding off into the sunset. An SLR will be on my shopping list. Basically I mainly take landscape/fishing/family shots so am looking for a bit direction on this.

Price range £500 - £1000 ish

Sorry :offtopic:

God there is so much to learn having discovered photography so late in life!!! Being a bit of a techniphobe I will not be beaten though. Can do a couple of things with Photoshop CS2

Please excuse my going off at tangents - I blame MR Smith for that !! :drunk:

Anyway love these comps. Will hopefully slip a few Mull of Galloway shots into this months comp :)

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Hi everyone … :D

A close-run finish in the vote in the January Comp, and our thanks must go to all our voters. It was nice to have a winner again .. But I’m not so sure about the judging part !!

Let's hope that the Comp gets bigger .. and better !! :clap2::thumbs:

Well done everyone !! :clap:

Wiggly. :rolleyes:

As Judge of the January comp., I'm not sure whether to take offence at . . . " thanks must go to all voters . . . I'm not so sure about the judging part !! "

My view of the pictures was my view, Mr Wiggly opinion has no bearing on how I saw the January comp., pictures, it also intimates the requirement of a technical explanation from future judges, watch out you technophobes! You wont get a look in, technical understanding only.

I seem to recall a couple of incidents in the past where the 'competition judges integrity' has been question?? Then and now, I ask, why?? Nothing in the rules says 'technical only'. Not that it matters, I still see pictures as 'pictures', technically I have no wish to go down the 'anorak' rout, and I certainly dont pretend to know all the answers.

I wont be judging again, cos I wont be entering the competition again, as my efforts do not seem to be appreciated.

I put quite a few hours into judging that comp., my way, voting on 6 pictures??? Afraid offence has been taken. :nono: SW

As Judge of the January comp., I'm not sure whether to take offence at . . . " thanks must go to all voters . . . I'm not so sure about the judging part !! "

My view of the pictures was my view, Mr Wiggly opinion has no bearing on how I saw the January comp., pictures, it also intimates the requirement of a technical explanation from future judges, watch out you technophobes! You wont get a look in, technical understanding only.

I seem to recall a couple of incidents in the past where the 'competition judges integrity' has been question?? Then and now, I ask, why?? Nothing in the rules says 'technical only'. Not that it matters, I still see pictures as 'pictures', technically I have no wish to go down the 'anorak' rout, and I certainly dont pretend to know all the answers.

I wont be judging again, cos I wont be entering the competition again, as my efforts do not seem to be appreciated.

I put quite a few hours into judging that comp., my way, voting on 6 pictures??? Afraid offence has been taken. :nono: SW

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Come on mate chill. I am still a newbie to this game and you are one of my peers. Please do not forsake us !!!

I have drooled over some stunning shots you have taken - and that is the truth. The truth drug Ethanol is now well in charge :drunk:

As to having to put up technical input as a judge I would be well f--ked as I am not experianced enough. Good job it will never happen then !!

If was judge would just say like them cos I like them. Mind you I am studying,even advised the wife on ISO settings this afternoon :)

Looks like Mrs Snatcher may be joining our "throng" shortly. She will will be getting Cannon PowerShot A700 and I will have my "newbie"

Sutton please stay in the ranks,quality is always appreciated :thumbs::camera:

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

It was nice to have a winner again .. But I’m not so sure about the judging part !!

As far as I see this, Mr W was saying he was not looking forward to having to judge the Feb comp as a consequence of having won the last comp. That, my friends, is humour. Nothing more, nothing less.

It is not a comment on anyone's ability.

The whole thread is, in fact, a reflection on the fact that entries into the comp have gone up. Which is a good thing, I believe.

I think this has been taken out of context, which is very unfortunate.

Andy.

Westie.

If you're being chased by a police dog, try not to go through a tunnel, then on to a little seesaw, then jump through a hoop of fire. They're trained for that.

Visit My Photo Gallery

Cliff

I read it as while Mr Wiggly was pleased to have a winner,it was his potenial judging of the next comp he was not so sure of....please read it again

judy

ps I note Westie has posted as i was writing my answer,there you go Cliff thats 2 of us that read the post in a different way to you,also dont forget Mr Wiggly knew how i struggled with the judging.... its no reflection on you ...blame it on his Yorkshire sense of humour !!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Edited by nursejudy

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

C'mon SW, chill out mate....how do you think I felt...NOT A SINGLE VOTE. :) :)

For what it's worth, I don't think Wiggly was having a go at you, rather thought he was saying he wouldn't have liked to have to do the judging.

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

SW, I read Mr Wiggles judging comments as saying he recognised the difficulty in the task rather than any critiscism of your good self.

Don't stop posting pics mate, it would be an appreciable loss to the site if you did, you put up some corking shots.

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.

G'day mate, As you blokes say " 'ang abaht". So, please don't nick off, hey?? Your input is really valued.

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.