ANGLING UNITY

Elton

Steve, as you don't appear to be a member of any of the "core" groups who are amalgamating, I don't see that they "have" you anywhere. However, as you ARE going fishing, you are doing exactly what the groups are aiming to do, which is preserve EVERYBODY'S rights to go fishing.

If you dissagree with that policy, I suggest you join one of the groups and then say so. There are people though, who are members of said groups and who DO support their efforts in preserving angling for all.

I hope you catch a big one!

Edited by Dunk Fairley

Dunk Fairley

Fighting for anglers' rights - Join SAA today at http://www.saauk.org

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve, as you don't appear to be a member of any of the "core" groups who are amalgamating, I don't see that they "have" you anywhere. However, as you ARE going fishing, you are doing exactly what the groups are aiming to do, which is preserve EVERYBODY'S rights to go fishing.

If you dissagree with that policy, I suggest you join one of the groups and then say so. There are people though, who are members of said groups and who DO support their efforts in preserving angling for all.

Hello Dunk Fairly

Does Every body’s right to go fishing need preserving, if so who from?

Are the members of said groups anglers or wanabee politicians?

At what cost are their efforts in preserving angling for all going to be, not only in monetary terms (licence) but in legislation?

Or is it just a bloody circus that Steve and I suspect many others are getting fed up with?

I fish to live and live to fish.

My policies right now are, go fishing. Coming?
- Steve C

I never stopped meee boy!

To be honest, I'd gladly join you, but I can't live with my conscience saying: 'At least do what you feel is right, so that others may enjoy the quality of life I've had and appreciate sea angling like I have done'.

But when things are turning a*se up because of factors beyond my own individual control, then I'll have my say in whatever form I choose.

Experience tells me to work from the inside rather than as a solitary player.

No, I don't give a minkeys about car parks, toilets and whatever drivel Defra (govt.) bait our lines with; but I won't lose sight or be distracted by the 'hybrids' on here who use those obtuse arguments to deviate from the real issues of why our fish stocks are in such dire straits.

The 'industry' in all its forms has placed the future of fish stocks in jeopardy, not only in our waters, but globally.

Without reformation (reparations?) 'industrial fishing' will put 'wild' fish in the same state of vulnerability as RAPHUS CUCULLATUS.

dodo_bbc_203.jpg

What headline did I see the other day?

Great Bustards nest in UK again!

Yep! And they all got nets!

Hello Wurzel, pleased to meet you.

Try this lot for a start:

http://www.petasearch.org/texis/search?dro...mp;Submit2.y=16

(People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals)

or:

http://www.prnewswire.co.uk/cgi/news/release?id=46411

(Campaign for the Abolision of Angling

or:

http://hsa.enviroweb.org/features/angling.html

(article from the Hunt Sabateurs Assn)

or:

http://www.veggies.org.uk/event.php?ref=81

(Veggies)

or:

http://www.anti-angling-sabs.co.uk/

Edited by Dunk Fairley

Dunk Fairley

Oh, I should add that none of the groups who posted any of the above on their websites, have any reservations at all about dealing with politicians, wannabe or otherwise.

I'll also add that all of the people I've met, who are involved in any of the amalgamating groups are anglers, who give up their angling time to help other anglers, who occasionally take it upon themselves to criticise their efforts, while at the same time are very happy to sit on their backsides and reap the rewards of the hard work they decry.

If you don't like the circus, learn to fly a trapeze and then you can do it better yourself.

Edited by Dunk Fairley

Dunk Fairley

- Steve C

To be honest, I'd gladly join you, but I can't live with my conscience saying: 'At least do what you feel is right, so that others may enjoy the quality of life I've had and appreciate sea angling like I have done'.

But when things are turning a*se up because of factors beyond my own individual control, then I'll have my say in whatever form I choose.

Experience tells me to work from the inside rather than as a solitary player.

No, I don't give a minkeys about car parks, toilets and whatever drivel Defra (govt.) bait our lines with; but I won't lose sight or be distracted by the 'hybrids' on here who use those obtuse arguments to deviate from the real issues of why our fish stocks are in such dire straits.

The 'industry' in all its forms has placed the future of fish stocks in jeopardy, not only in our waters, but globally.

Without reformation (reparations?) 'industrial fishing' will put 'wild' fish in the same state of vulnerability as RAPHUS CUCULLATUS.

dodo_bbc_203.jpg

What headline did I see the other day?

Yep! And they all got nets!

lol lol lol

Oh, I should add that none of the groups who posted any of the above on their websites, have any reservations at all about dealing with politicians, wannabe or otherwise.

I'll also add that all of the people I've met, who are involved in any of the amalgamating groups are anglers, who give up their angling time to help other anglers, who occasionally take it upon themselves to criticise their efforts, while at the same time are very happy to sit on their backsides and reap the rewards of the hard work they decry.

If you don't like the circus, learn to fly a trapeze and then you can do it better yourself.

Hello Dunk Fairly

That’s fair enough, no doubt like me most had forgotten about the fringe groups threat for the moment and no doubt in time they will come to the forefront of the agenda and anglers will be united against that threat whether represented by one body or twenty.

But that is not what is on the agenda at the moment and sea anglers seem pretty united against a regime of legislation and control that they don't want but can't stop whether they sit on their arses or not.

I fish to live and live to fish.

I take it you haven't seen the RSA strategy, as dreamed up by the NFSA, then? Or the paper they wrote on MPA's? And why should people have to join an organisation they don't like, just to tell them that they don't like them? Anyway, I tried that and it doesn't work. I'm not surprised that their members support them, because anyone who doesn't, is hardly likely to be a member. The memberships of these "core" groups is less than 0.1% of the anglers in the UK.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

- Steve C

Trouble is, the more representation we get from these so called representative bodies, the worse things get. It isn't a coincidence that the vast majority of sea anglers who have heard about the RSA strategy, are dead against it.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.