Valley Disgorger

Billie

Hi, I am a Dutch sea fishing fanatic and got in contact with the Valley Disgorger a few years ago. I bought one in a store in Holland. More people that wanted to own one, couldn't find them in any store. I went searching on the net and found some clues on this site. I got in contact with the widow of Alan Taylor, Sonja, and after paying her a visit we bought Alan's little stock. Again searching on the net I found the manufacturer and he told me he was retired and wasn't putting any effort anymore in the Disgorgers. After a very friendly contact with this man and a visit to England a few weeks ago, we bought a nice amount of disgorgers we want to sell her in Holland. I started a little company called TR Fishing together with a friend of mine. We changed the name of the Disgorger to Fast Hook Release because disgorger is a little difficult to pronounce and to remember here in Holland. I was wondering if there is any interests in the Disgorger in England because we can then look in to the possibility to sell to England as well. Our website is in dutch (www.trfishing.nl) but if necessary I want to make an English version and in the future there will be a small forum to post your experiences and questions.

Please let me know what you think of this product. And if this posting is not appropriate, I apologize.

With regards

Rob

Haarlem

The Netherlands

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perfectly appropriate and it is nice to hear that Alan's disgorger will be available once again.

He and his device are fondly remembered by the folks here who were members when he was alive.

You might be interested to know that coarse anglers liked it well too. It was not only a sea angler's device.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Hi Rob.

I would be very interested to see either a picture of this tool or a discription.

Any thing to aid un hooking would be of interest.

I am located in Ireland, another target market for you.

Paddy.W.

Hiya,

Paddy this is the disgorger in question

discg1.jpg

discg.jpg

It takes a bit of getting used to, but once you master it it is absolutely superb, I'm glad to hear they are going to be available again :)

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

Billie,

I'm a big fan of these digorgers and have been using them for 24 years. They are so important to me that I don't just have one spare I have two! I stewarded the Junior International in Bridlington in 2002 and unhooked all the fish landed by the competitors using the disgorger, the manager of the french team was so impressed he bought four of them. So there is a great potential for them if they are marketed correctly. Myself and a friend who has a tackle shop have been trying to get a supply of them for some time now. If you contact Keith at East Coast Tackle on 01964 535064 you can mention my name.

I also introduced Mike Thrussell to them and he was so impressed he wrote an article about them. His son Mike junior runs the World Sea fishing web site I'm sure they will do a review for you - again mention my name. Also have a friend of mine wrote a piece about the smaller version used in freshwater after I unhooked a chub for him that was deep hooked. He publishes a number of magazines including Carp Talk. Contact me on this site and send me your email and I'll help you out. I've always pushed these digorgers as they are a great conservation aid as they are the only digorgers that can effectively remove hooks from deep hooked fish.

Regards,

Phil

Hiya, Good to see them back on the market, They are fairly hard to get used to, but once you do, they are superb.

I have some myself.... but as far as I knew, and according to Alan before he died, , He bought ALL of the stock that was available, after someone tried to pre-empt his plans for them,..seems a tad strange that all of a sudden there are now more for sale....I was sure he had bought the sole rights for them, now everyone and his granny have them... :rolleyes:

Post 5...:)

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/tech-di...alley+disgorger

I talked at length with Alan about these, and he loved the whole idea, its good to see them back ...:)

Edited by Norrie

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Hiya, Good to see them back on the market, They are fairly hard to get used to, but once you do, they are superb.

I have some myself.... but as far as I knew, and according to Alan before he died, , He bought ALL of the stock that was available, after someone tried to pre-empt his plans for them,..seems a tad strange that all of a sudden there are now more for sale....I was sure he had bought the sole rights for them, now everyone and his granny have them... :rolleyes:

Post 5...:)

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/tech-di...alley+disgorger

I talked at length with Alan about these, and he loved the whole idea, its good to see them back ...:)

:D I bought 2 off Alan but they looked difficult to use so they're still in the packet. ;)

I got one of these from the tackle shop in Tobermory 4 or 5 years ago.It was in a bargain bin and did not cost much at all.I found it awkward to use but persevered and now use it for all deep hooked fish.Glad they are back on the market because I have only one.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

You can't fall off the floor! drunk.gif

HI Dave

Thanks for your kind and prompt responce to my query.

Much apreciated, I seem to think I have seen such a disgorger but some time ago, up to last year I spent lots of rod time on each of many years with a well known Whitby Skipper and consiquently met fellow anglers from all over the country, some of whom became good aquantances and even friends.

During this time lots of knowledge was pooled to mutual advantage, so I think I could well have seen this at some time on board.

Although never knowing where said Item could be purchased, so when they come available or indeed if one is now available for purchace I would be pleased to know, even if ony by PM.

Thanks in antisipation

Charles.

P.S

Don't be dispondent about the price of gear in the UK, have a look at the price and availability in most tackle shops in the Irish Republic.

Before some one says it, I am well aware I could have stayed in the UK .

While I am writing, thanks to Challange for the photo's recently posted, GOOD OLD TIMES.

Sorry, off topic a BUT Paddy try contacting Terry in Jamestown (Near Carrick on Shannon) does some amazing prices on ABU tackle!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))