Hov Pod

Elton

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems that the skirt is made of individual sections (80 odd I think) so if you slightly damage one you can repair it or if serious you can replace individual sections for about £8 quid a time.

yeah that was the problem i shredded all of them :rolleyes:

used to make my own...cheers mum for the sewing :) it was the bloody fan blades that kept snapping that wasnt cheap

as far as legalities in poole harbour, i think thats down the the harbour master above local laws...i heard they were trying to limit kite surfers in shore bay for example.

gonefishing:

used to make my own...cheers mum for the sewing :) it was the bloody fan blades that kept snapping that wasnt cheap

I helped a friend of mine make one in the 70's and we used that all over the farm (Dorset), incl the lake, it when up hills but the shelf at chesil would have been a bit much! full throttle at high tide perhaps! ... see the grockles fly! :D:D It was great fun no [probs with the blades but it had twin engines on the back and it was a devils own job to get the twin rudders set correctly, get it wrong and the normally hard cornering was impossible! For those that havent, just turning the rudder results in the craft going forwards sideways! you have to accelerate a bit to get the nose to point in the right direction but scary when your reactions are saying Brake brake!! :D:D

Dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

The reason I say `illegal` in Poole harbour, is that the best spot for bass is the `nursery area`?

I don`t think a hov pod would be too popular in the normal fishing areas due to the noise? And the chain ferry might make a mess of one?

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

quote:

Originally posted by gonefishing:

not the ideal fishing platform though, you need to keep the engine running, and they aren't known for their stealth [/QB]

i bet somebody somewhere has fitted one out with an inflatable collar rib style. could it be done?

Gonefishing?

You mean you don`t know?

I don`t think the area has changed much.

Come in out of the bay. Motor towards the marina and town bridge, through the moorings.

Where you go starboard into the new marina and town bridge? That open space in front of you, before you turn is, was, a nursery area for bass!!

I could be wrong. But I dont think so. Its where the old docks used to be. Silted up now.

We don`t use J`s anymore!!