SFCs & DEFRA don't give a TOSS

Not sure what you'd sack her for ken? refusing to come out to what she had told the guy who was phoning was a legally placed net because she already had a prebooked meeting/interview with the bbc, hardly a sackable offence in my book.

How does she know it is a legal net from her end of the phone.

She is the person responsible for ensuring that the correct procedures are followed, Leon may correct me but a fixed net should be attended on the next low water, this one was not, there fore it is no longer legal.

Two minutes away is to far to go for a quick look !!??

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to make beach netting illegal then start some campaign to do so but you cant criticise the sfc for doing their job, which in this instance they were. If SFC policy was for their employees to speak their own mind - they would probably tell you to mind your own business.

I find that statement hard to follow, it is your money that pays their wages so in my book that makes it your business.

There are laws regarding beach netting and the major one is attendance.

I am surprised at your stance on this matter.

eat.gif

Petals Florist

The point I was making Ha was that on another thread the practice of stake netting was regarded as sustainable.

I'm gad you've realised that commercials know best when it comes to commercial fishing.

A by catch of sea birds is a very rare occurrence in Wurzelland and I can't remember the last time .

I recon I've killed more wild life with the van travelling to work than I ever have with the nets I use, the country road leading down to where the boat is kept is particularly bad for it, nobody’s ever suggested it should be closed off to protect the local wild life.

For what it's worth I consider that form of fishing a crap method mostly carried out by cowboys and part-timers, although there is a stake net fishery that has just obtained MSC accreditation some where around the Humber which should mean that it is carried out responsibly and would not have been awarded if there was a unacceptable by catch of wild life.

I would have thought with in the enabling by law or licence conditions the nets would have to be attended to at the earliest opportunity on the receding tide.

Any responsible fisherman would be on hand kitted out with chest waders waiting to get his catch from the net and to his market as soon as possible in the best condition possible, not sun dried and mutilated by sea gulls.

No Ha I'll concede to you on this one, it's crap and needs sorting out, if it's allowed by the local bylaws then it needs to meet certain criteria and then enforced and properly policed by the local FC.

Well stated Wurzle, I have seen this type of thing the years and must admit it is a sore point with me and as you so clearly stated it is either cowboys or partimers who don't give a toss.

eat.gif

Petals Florist

w urzel was right [cowboys] that is,nt how we make a living and we rarely catch birds and the like.a lot of these nets im sorry to say are put down by immigrants and the like after they stole them of the beach ,pots as well dissapear[lobster] and they dont worry about undersize;discards they eat it all.there are bylaws but they dont no them and they dont care annyway.sorry to upset any one but thats how it is very close to us.

This is not the work of immigrants, you may have a case in your area but these nets were laid by a local.

eat.gif

Petals Florist

She is the person responsible for ensuring that the correct procedures are followed, Leon may correct me but a fixed net should be attended on the next low water, this one was not, there fore it is no longer legal.

Sorry, I'm in back to back meetings this week so I don't have the time to check, but the SFC byelaws covering netting (which are different for each district) are available on the North West and North Wales SFC website.

URL is at: http://www.asfc.org.uk/

(note: some sfcs specify that fixed engines (nets) have a certain depth of water over the headrope at all stages of the tide, so that salmon and trout can pass over the net. So a fixed net in areas covered by such a restriction cannot be set where they will dry out!)

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Sorry, I'm in back to back meetings this week so I don't have the time to check, but the SFC byelaws covering netting (which are different for each district) are available on the North West and North Wales SFC website.

URL is at: http://www.asfc.org.uk/

(note: some sfcs specify that fixed engines (nets) have a certain depth of water over the headrope at all stages of the tide, so that salmon and trout can pass over the net. So a fixed net in areas covered by such a restriction cannot be set where they will dry out!)

Hell Leon with all those meeting I bet your in heaven!

Please Please check this out!

http://www.justgiving.com/tacyedewick?ref=

- dogs

What would you know, Sam?

You sit at home making snide comments at anyone prepared to fight a case for anglers whose 'voice', incidentally, has been ignored for a hundred years in favour of the commercial viewpoint of catch and sell regardless of common sense.

If you have a 'bee in your bonnet' about the way anglers are represented, then it's time you came out of your cosy armchair closet and got involved at some level instead of just mouthing off on all the forums.

PM me if you'd like to represent an angling club or group local to you or find out how you can influence policies which affect your fishing.

<_<

And also refering to your other comments regarding reps who don't go fishing, or know anything about fishing.

Bit of a silly, personal, ill thought out comment, look in the brrr post on sea fishing topics, it clearly is Leon doing what he talks about and that is fishing, in all weathers by the way. Have you forgotten that he is to take a backward step with the sacn later, hazard a guess to concentrate more on fishing.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

And also refering to your other comments regarding reps who don't go fishing, or know anything about fishing.

Bit of a silly, personal, ill thought out comment, look in the brrr post on sea fishing topics, it clearly is Leon doing what he talks about and that is fishing, in all weathers by the way. Have you forgotten that he is to take a backward step with the sacn later, hazard a guess to concentrate more on fishing.

Edited by Steve Coppolo

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

:clap::clap:

A Relative? Just trying to guess............... the link B)

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..