IsSea Fishing Skilful

Elton

Orca:

Orca:

Hi Shore Demon, you've just taken the words out of my mouth, thanks. :D:D

..... Took the words right out of your mouth Norrie :confused: mmmm let me think I don't think shore Demon said anything about ebay or " I'm starving" so he definately didn't take the words from your mouth

:D:D:D:D

Alan

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Topecatcher:

10% of anglers catch 90% of the fish just look at any sea league results over a season, fluke??

Nah .. it's just that 90% of anglers that fish matches are crap. :)

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

Topecatcher:

10% of anglers catch 90% of the fish just look at any sea league results over a season, fluke??

They are just the reported results, what about the thousands of anglers that just go out there to angle and never report there catches? A good example of this is that the last 2 PB's of mine were previously caught by a Mr Brian Thompson of the NEDAC, he is from South Hetton. I never saw him report his catches but found out about them from Davy thanks to his work on the tagging programme with the Kelvin Grove Museum in Glasgow.

Unlike Brian I like to brag about my BIG UNS :D:D and possibly getting others to get interested in having a go.

Orca, if you don't get a response from Norrie, he is either EATING on EBAY or in the pub :D:D

Alan(nl)

Alan(nl)

Topecatcher:

Did you have any luck tracking down Mr Brian Thompson?

Sure did thanks to Alan Charlton at total sea fishing. No email but a postal address. When Davy has the time I would really appreciate him giving me the details of tag numbers and weights etc so that I can write to Brian and send him some pics with all the background. I think he will be well pleased.

Oh Alan Charlton asked me to pass on his regards and best wishes :)

Alan(nl)

I don`t think you can learn many angling skills by reading about it? Apart from fly-tying, rigs etc.

When the chips are down, invariably the angler that has taken care to store titbits of past experience, then compares the conditions he`s fishing in will most often manage to turn a bad day into a reasonable day?

I often wonder why some folk state that they`re going on holiday, then ask for the rig and bait to catch fish. I`m sure we could all give generall advice. Only to remember later that a certain tide at another time of day would turn our advice on its head?

Catching fish is about absorbibing knowledge of when, where and in what conditions you caught that species before. Applied to local knowledge you can be a master of your local patch but still fail on an unknown venue. It takes years of experience to be able to consistantly catch fish at any given venue? After 46yrs of fishing I still manage the odd blank. I`m just grateful to learn that most fishing pundits still suffer the same fruitless days!!

I`m just enthused with the knowledge that groundbaiting, followed by a pop-up doggie treat on a hair rig will never catch a cod.

Paul.

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

Alan Taylor:

Oh Alan Charlton asked me to pass on his regards and best wishes :)

Alan(nl)

Are you talking about the same Alan Charlton that sends me regular catch reports for the North East?

http://www.anglingsites.com/cgi-bin/nesa/ikonboard.cgi

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE