What are these?

ayjay

ayjay,

I believe they are emasculation pliers. I know, if they are large, I've seen them in in horse barns (maybe?).

Do the sheep guys recognize the shape?

Phone

Nearest thing I can think of is chain link pliers for fencing.

No idea on sheep, not bull handing pliers.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Nearest thing I can think of is chain link pliers for fencing.

No idea on sheep, not bull handing pliers.

I did think of chain link pliers but they don't look right for that or sheep castration either. Edited by snakey1

I did think of chain link pliers but they don't look right for that or sheep castration either.

Definitely not castration pliers, the wife keeps a pair around the house hidden somewhere!

They are very similar to a pair of chain link pliers I have seen.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

All,

They are strange indeed. I don't think you can call them pliers. The tip passes each side to make them shears of some sort. It is possible (?) they are not for cutting but rather to mark or score a bend. No, that wouldn't work after looking at them again. The score wouldn't be equal unless they close completely without cutting (?)

How about hog ring pliers? No, they are not pliers.

Phone

They look a bit like wire rope cutters but I don't think they are quite right for them.

I think you win the prize Snakey, as I said above, look like the chain link pliers I've used in the past, just phoned my mate who uses them for that rather than use bolt cutters, he says that people who use them thus call them chain link cutters, but they are actually wire rope cutters.

Edited by Huge_Vitae

I think you win the prize Snakey, as I said above, look like the chain link pliers I've used in the past, just phoned my mate who uses them for that rather than use bolt cutters, he says that people who use them thus call them chain link cutters, but they are actually wire rope cutters.

I'm still not 100% convinced as the tips look longer than any wire rope cutters I've seen or could find images of but it maybe because they could be of a old design.