Photo
- - - - -

Realtek HD Audio Manager problems (Windows 10).

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Now there's a right un.

Now there's a right un.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 07:53 AM

I keep getting notifications that I have plugged or unplugged audio devices, even when one is not even connected. Have screenshots but it seems I cannot upload one.

I run Windows 10 64 bit and have a Gigabyte Motherboard.

If anyone has experienced this themselves and they have a fix I would appreciate the help.

#2 Si...

Si...

r0x0r5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,624 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 07:08 PM

Its a known gigabyte board issue. I had the same thing when i had a gigabyte board.
Nothing i did would fix it, updated downgraded drivers, etc... i got sick of the issues with the gigabyte board and sent it back and got an asus board. No problems since then.

#3 Now there's a right un.

Now there's a right un.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 02:14 PM

Many thanks for the advice. I have been in touch with the company that built my system and they have agreed a like for like ASUS board swap free.

#4 Phone

Phone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,341 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 10:36 PM

Now,

Still having a problem?  I just got notification of a Windows 10 update.  I wasn't having problems but installed the update anyway.

Phone

#5 chesters1

chesters1

AN Resident Contrarian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,074 posts
  • Interests:fishing,fossils,researching intrepid reels and general being naughty

Posted 13 July 2018 - 08:06 PM

Got the very same issue last week with an asrock mobo ,a days fiddling got nowhere so i did a reinstall of windows which cured it.
Windows is now fully updated so i guess a bad update caused it ?

I tried all the windows fixes ,refresh etc so in the end did a complete reinstall from disk ,luckily i had done a complete back up of steam (games thing) or i would be downloading 200gb of games for the next two months!

The interesting thing was suddenly the sound came alive for ten minutes then went so i guessed it was a windows issue rather than a hardware problem

Edited by chesters1, 13 July 2018 - 08:11 PM.

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness  it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson