Should we have left the EU?

John S

8 hours ago, Ken L said:

Remove "brexit". Insert "Covid".

You are conflating the two. Even the article that you quoted from yesterday was about Covid.

There were record drop-offs in global trade in 2020 that were nothing to do with Brexit.

As you've been "Looking at the figures" though... Have you managed to come up with any benchmarks that would cause you to accept that Britain has done well out of Brexit yet?

Britain has done well out of brexit brexit ????? where exactly seriously Ken under scrutiny brexit  is a failure, and when the figures are fully broken down after covid brexit will be exposed fully .have we a trade deal better than one we already had under scrutiny no is the answer .

Now can you explain we had an oven ready deal the be all and end all perfect for Britain , and now Johnson says he going pull through plug because he doesn’t know what he signed ??????? Do you know how stupid that makes the U.K. look our integrity in the world standing is evaporating as we speak trust Britain !!!!!we have become a laughing  stock our word now means nothing .

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Brexit tastes so good ,cant wait for more!

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Boris Johnson hook line and stinker today 

Cant dodge it this time old chap with your swerving and it’s about time you were put right on the spot , today is that day ,.excellent piece of journalism .

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

5 hours ago, big_cod said:

Britain has done well out of brexit brexit ????? where exactly seriously Ken under scrutiny brexit  is a failure, and when the figures are fully broken down after covid brexit will be exposed fully .have we a trade deal better than one we already had under scrutiny no is the answer .

Now can you explain we had an oven ready deal the be all and end all perfect for Britain , and now Johnson says he going pull through plug because he doesn’t know what he signed ??????? Do you know how stupid that makes the U.K. look our integrity in the world standing is evaporating as we speak trust Britain !!!!!we have become a laugh stock our word now means nothing .

Be specific.

What level of trade growth, what market access, what level of unemployment etc would be your benchmarks for saying "Yes, I was wrong, Brexit has been a success".

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

2 hours ago, chesters1 said:

Brexit tastes so good ,cant wait for more!

It's the extra salty tears that bring out the flavour.

• Haha 1

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

12 minutes ago, Ken L said:

It's the extra salty tears that bring out the flavour.

Are you there Ken ? be specific !!! Did you like Johnson interview today his lies fully exposed for all to see .
Brexit has been a disaster for Britain as collapsing European trade puts UK firms out of business

The Brexit deal has led to the largest recorded fall in UK exports to Europe

40% of all our trade was with Europe the trade outside Europe has not  made the shortfall up and never will .

https://www.businessinsider.com/brexit-is-a-disaster-britain-trade-european-union-boris-johnson-2021-3

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

1 hour ago, big_cod said:

Are you there Ken ? be specific !!! Did you like Johnson interview today his lies fully exposed for all to see .
Brexit has been a disaster for Britain as collapsing European trade puts UK firms out of business

The Brexit deal has led to the largest recorded fall in UK exports to Europe

40% of all our trade was with Europe the trade outside Europe has not  made the shortfall up and never will .

https://www.businessinsider.com/brexit-is-a-disaster-britain-trade-european-union-boris-johnson-2021-3

You already know that I'm unimpressed with Johnson and Co.

For me at least, his path to redemption is to trigger article 16, give EU fishing boats 24 hours to get out of UK waters or be sunk and start using the navy to vigorously discourage channel crossings.

I don't give a rats ass about trade in the short term, because Brexit was always about taking back control.

Now, as I was saying: What level of trade growth, what market access, what level of unemployment etc would be your benchmarks for saying "Yes, I was wrong, Brexit has been a success".

Edited by Ken L

10 minutes ago, Ken L said:

You already know that I'm unimpressed with Johnson and Co.

For me at least, his path to redemption is to trigger article 16, give EU fishing boats 24 hours to get out of UK waters or be sunk and start using the navy to vigorously discourage channel crossings.

I don't give a rats ass about trade in the short term, because Brexit was always about taking back control.

Now, as I was saying: What level of trade growth, what market access, what level of unemployment etc would be your benchmarks for saying "Yes, I was wrong, Brexit has been a success".

Brexit is less control the complete  opposite .taking back the control  of thr billions we will be now losing through brexit it’s all ****s . We cannot win with brexit we just lose .but elements in Britain love a loser .

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

5 minutes ago, big_cod said:

Brexit is less control the complete  opposite .taking back the control  of thr billions we will be now losing through brexit it’s all ****s . We cannot win with brexit we just lose .but elements in Britain love a loser .

You keep deflecting and refusing to answer simple questions because for you, Brexit being bad is not about anything rational or measurable.

Framing your belief in a way that might make it falsifiable to you is anathema because you are a zealot.

Your belief structure is no different from that of a suicide bomber.

Thats how trolls work , they say a lot and prove nothing ,they post anything to get a response  so they can use it to keep trolling

The only thing he has thought good on the whole of this forum was corbyn ,that turned out well didnt it ,hes just a worthless childish troll

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson