£60,000 THE PRICE OF A LIFE

big_cod

8 hours ago, Martin56 said:

You're absolutely correct Paul, a friend of mine lost his life due to an Asbestos related cancer in his previous workplace. That company's Insurance paid out based on his wife's age, the likelihood of her re marrying & the age of his, then still dependent, teenage twin daughters.

It's a tough world Paul but there is a calculation based on cold, hard, real life - hard as it is!!

It is Martin I know quite a few lads who have lost there lives to asbestosis ,many years ago i used erect scaffolding for laggers to strip the old asbestos of the pipe work in ICI Wilton , thinking back now people were exposed to asbestos on mass and the company’s knew the dangers but said nothing .We would use masks etc but all your work gear overalls etc were covered in asbestos unbelievable when I look back. .

In the case of health workers I think the cash offered is just a nice little jester for a government with blood on its hands sorry if that sounds a bit over the top but that is the fact of matter and as any employer they have a duty of care to its workforce they have failed on that count , I can see mass liable cases against  the government  after this is all over infact it is already happening .

There will be an inquiry after this is all over  and if this shambolic of a government wriggle our of this one it will be nothing of short  incredible. 

The Financial Times yesterday said the real figure with coronavirus is around 46,000  who have lost  there lives horrendous no other word for it and sadly we are still counting .

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Just think once labour are back in power and they cure the country of all its ills ,The elderly never want for anything and hospital waiting lists are zero due to their magnificent management of the country,you wont be able to whine and snivel continualy on here how the tories are doing .

Ofcourse you could whine and snivel about trump ,volcanoes and other calamities out of our control but your biggest hate the tories will be on the backburner for a while well until the masses never learning by looking at history realise you cant push a fag paper between them .

But ofcourse you will ignore that and whine and snivel at the slightest thing the tories do and never see the other lots do it just the same but under a different colour flag

Yes 60 grand isnt much in the scheme of things but its a damn sight more than lots of other people get and a damn sight better than nothing at all

What you have to hope is it doesnt effect other benefits the spouse maybe entitled to !governments of all colours historically give with one hand and take with the other !

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

1 hour ago, chesters1 said:

Just think once labour are back in power and they cure the country of all its ills ,The elderly never want for anything and hospital waiting lists are zero due to their magnificent management of the country,you wont be able to whine and snivel continualy on here how the tories are doing .

Ofcourse you could whine and snivel about trump ,volcanoes and other calamities out of our control but your biggest hate the tories will be on the backburner for a while well until the masses never learning by looking at history realise you cant push a fag paper between them .

But ofcourse you will ignore that and whine and snivel at the slightest thing the tories do and never see the other lots do it just the same but under a different colour flag

Yes 60 grand isnt much in the scheme of things but its a damn sight more than lots of other people get and a damn sight better than nothing at all

What you have to hope is it doesnt effect other benefits the spouse maybe entitled to !governments of all colours historically give with one hand and take with the other !

If I have your so called hate for the tories it is now looks  vindicated .

60k better then a dam sight better than nothing at all a life  is worth a lot more .

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

2 hours ago, big_cod said:

If I have your so called hate for the tories it is now looks  vindicated .

60k better then a dam sight better than nothing at all a life  is worth a lot more .

About 3500 quid if your spouse dies is an everyday sum for most according to the .gov site

If your so concerned start a fund ,run round your boat and raise money for those that died in the NHS  ,if that old guy can do it i am sure motormouth can

What about using white diesel for a year with all your mates ,should raise a bit to top up the governments allowance !

Why not do something instead of whining for a change

Why not holiday in the UK for 5 years ,give money to british companies So they can pass it on to the tax man that would help

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

1 hour ago, chesters1 said:

About 3500 quid if your spouse dies is an everyday sum for most according to the .gov site

If your so concerned start a fund ,run round your boat and raise money for those that died in the NHS  ,if that old guy can do it i am sure motormouth can

What about using white diesel for a year with all your mates ,should raise a bit to top up the governments allowance !

Why not do something instead of whining for a change

Why not holiday in the UK for 5 years ,give money to british companies So they can pass it on to the tax man that would help

Let’s gets this pain and simple an employer has a  duty of care to its employees,  and if you put them in danger unnecessarily  you are negligent and that is exactly what this government have done .So stop your hooking winging  .Lives have been  lost unnecessarily and your blurting on about £3500 !!!!!!!!!!!! 

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

5the only person whining is you ,your total contribution to anglers net is continual sniveling whining and point scoring against others in every post you write.

If theres holes involved you dug them and then blame everyone else they are there

I merely pointed out if your not satisfied why not do something to help !you obviously do not want to so shut the **** up

Edited by chesters1

21 minutes ago, chesters1 said:

5the only person whining is you ,your total contribution to anglers net is continual sniveling whining and point scoring against others in every post you write.

If theres holes involved you dug them and then blame everyone else they are there

I merely pointed out if your not satisfied why not do something to help !you obviously do not want to so shut the **** up

What you were pointing out was £3500 or £60,000 is ok for a life  well it ain’t why dont you do some fund raising if your that  concerned I have raised and given £1000s to charities over the years and still do,  done my bit me old fruit 

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

I am not concerned ,its you who are whining and sniveling its your whining and sniveling that started the post idiot!

7 minutes ago, chesters1 said:

I am not concerned ,its you who are whining and sniveling its your whining and sniveling that started the post idiot!

What whining  about somebody losing there lives unnecessarily and you seem to think it’s ok no money is worth a life .

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

Your the one whining and sniveling matey ,all you ever do is whine and snivel

Compared to the 3500 everyone else gets 60,000 is very generous .

If you dont like it take them to court sniveling and whining on here won't t help them

Edited by chesters1