Amazon Food Deliveries

Elton

Could this be ‘game over’ for some supermarket delivery services?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53559116

Lets’s face it, supermarkets have had the whole country handed to them on a plate since March, yet still seem unable to offer a decent service. I’m not the greatest fan of Amazon, despite buying from them almost daily, but at least they deliver! I’d certainly give it a try, especially as I haven’t stepped foot in a supermarket since the end of February. 

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

One thing about online supermarkets is that if you ring up to complain about an item you've bought - they'll refund it AND you still get to keep the Item & sometimes even a 5 or £10 voucher towards next shopping!!

Next thing from online supermarkets will be free delivery in response to Amazon - They'll be fully aware & WILL compete!!

It's not hard to put a penny or 2 on Items to pay for some of it.

It's tough out there but can only be good for the customer!!

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

No problem with Prime Now usually get the grub a few hours later fastest is 2.5 ,if you monitor the app you get told if your item is out of stock and a substitute which you can except or reject ,i have "deny" as default so they dont substitute things i may not want .

Mostly fine but as said they refund for the wrong items ,we have some dishwasher podules waiting for my sister to collect they dont fit the mrs ! We ordered washing machine tabs not dishwasher ones

Cannot see how they make money we had one lot arrive by taxi from woking the rest in private cars

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

We leave the substitute button alone - then decide at the door, the driver then refunds if rejected!!

Same with broken eggs - If one is broken when checked, driver refunds & you get them all for free!!

We dont let the driver get to the door ,the bags are put in a wheelbarrow while i wait by the gate 20 feet away then its taken to the back door and everything wiped down with propanol ,anything double wrapped is unrapped .

The same goes for anything going inside its expensive in propanol though! Then hands are washed .The delivery is checked using the APP any items missing or different is reported using it

Hmmm i just saw someone walking along the road by our gate ,i can see them they cannot see me lol

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I reckon getting muck under my nails & the passing phase of eating bogeys as a kid has built me up some resistance!!

Otherwise why do kids do it?? Must be Nature's way!!

Edited by Martin56

3 minutes ago, *Ant* said:

So are you saying I really should have grown out of eating bogeys by now? :o

Well maybe eating bogeys isn't a very scientific analogy, but I firmly believe that exposure to some general dirty materials in early life sets one in good stead for later on.

Two of my seven Grand children are being raised in an almost sterile environment with the best of intentions I'm sure - But I'm not so sure!! 

• Like 1

Get kids digging, picking up worms etc & get some muck under their nails!!

We never heard of the Nut/food allergy thing when I was a kid, maybe people died of it then but was not diagnosed??

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Martin56 said:

Get kids digging, picking up worms etc & get some muck under their nails!!

We never heard of the Nut/food allergy thing when I was a kid, maybe people died of it then but was not diagnosed??

Perhaps I should stick to eating my own in future then. 

• Like 1

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.