The Footy thread

S63

I feel a little guilty hi jacking a thread yesterday so thought I'd start this one and see if it would be of interest to a few.

A new season with full attendances seems to have restored the form book with one stand out result that came as something of a surprise, City looked very lifeless against Spurs who seem to be ok without "H". Brentford bossing Arsenal? no surprise there. Didn't see the West Ham game, sounded a corker.

As a Chelsea fan it was a joy to see Chalobah score on his premier league debut, the celebrations and emotions of the lad were quite moving and goes to prove the loan system can work very well, have to admit to not really knowing much about him until recently but I'm sure he will be making a few more headlines this season.

I cant believe i heard recorded cheering when goals were scored to pamper their narcissistic overpaid egos!

I hate football my old man dragged me off to millwall games as a kid ,i remember being shown "chopper" harris at one game (i think my old man hoped he would play for millwall lol) and a torrent of p.iss running out the tin shed that was a bog at that time but the games them selves utterly boring ,why run up and down kicking a ball when cannons could do it harder, faster and hurtier? Got my hair ruffed up by mick mcmanus a couple of times near the ground my old man must have known him or something? I think i bumped into him in guildford one day but he didnt recognise me nor my hair i only just cottoned on it was him lol being a bit dead my old man didnt meet him either

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

13 hours ago, chesters1 said:

I cant believe i heard recorded cheering when goals were scored to pamper their narcissistic overpaid egos!

I hate football my old man dragged me off to millwall games as a kid ,i remember being shown "chopper" harris at one game (i think my old man hoped he would play for millwall lol) and a torrent of p.iss running out the tin shed that was a bog at that time but the games them selves utterly boring ,why run up and down kicking a ball when cannons could do it harder, faster and hurtier? Got my hair ruffed up by mick mcmanus a couple of times near the ground my old man must have known him or something? I think i bumped into him in guildford one day but he didnt recognise me nor my hair i only just cottoned on it was him lol being a bit dead my old man didnt meet him either

I was taken to watch Aston Vila v Sheffield Wednesday at some point in the mid 1970's despite having shown zero interest in the game and having learned to leave the room whenever it was on TV.

My abiding memory was of taking a very dim view of the IQ of every person in the ground and being very relieved to get out and go home.

I haven't watched a match live or on TV since, and football bores on the train to work make my f***ing skin crawl.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

1 hour ago, S63 said:

Will Levy finally cave in and let Kane join City in the next few days?

I think it's likely, but I hope not. But I don't blame the guy for wanting to win trophies, I've been a Spurs fan for 40yrs, ever since I used to pretend to be Glenn Hoddle in the school playground......and i've learnt in that 40yrs that we don't win many trophies. :doh:

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

1 hour ago, *Ant* said:

I think it's likely, but I hope not. But I don't blame the guy for wanting to win trophies, I've been a Spurs fan for 40yrs, ever since I used to pretend to be Glenn Hoddle in the school playground......and i've learnt in that 40yrs that we don't win many trophies. :doh:

I've not read anything, have Spurs been looking for a replacement?

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Whitty said:

I believe Kane is a fool to stay at Spurs,he will win nothing there,so he will retire with nothing,how sad,he has given his best years to the club,it is time for him to think of his bucket list...

Didn't have much choice did he Alan?

The Spurs lads will be having dizzy spells tonight top of the table peering down at Arsenal in the gutter.