Split Shot

Martin56

Dinsmores response to my email was that "The price of Tin has risen by 70%".  which is what Non Toxic shots are made of, I didn't really know what the metal actually is!!

Yes Dave, we find all sorts of bits & bobs on the commercials we fish. Mainly floats etc but there are about 4 Bailiffs on duty who will pick up the Big items that can be collected from the office - There's a lot of the same old faces fishing every week.

• Like 1

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

One of the reasons I keep most of my rods permanently Set Up, apart from saving time on the bank is that I only have to replace the odd shots which "Ping off" from time to time.

I'll strip them down after every few sessions taking a few yards of line off to keep it all fresh. & re use the larger shot. (I defy anyone who can re open the # 8's lol.)

Edited by Martin56
  • Like 1

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

On 9/14/2021 at 5:04 AM, Martin56 said:

I've Emailed Dinsmores about their Split Shot - They are having a Laugh!!.

Martin Burnell

Two points Martin

A     Buy Anchor shot -its softer and re-usable, and you do get a few (only a few) more shot for your buck

B     If you see a bit of nylon in the mud at your swim, pull it out - often its part of a cast with shot and hook attached.   Take the shot off for re-use - a thumb-nail opens them or a pen-knife blade if they are stubborn.  Add the nylon and hook to your own rubbish for disposal at home.  I find I acquire shot nearly as fast as  I use it - but I agree shot prices are a rip-off 

Enjoyed that   - It's not often one can give a Yorkshireman advice on thrift😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Dunno why the above post has come up a second time - not by my hand anyway. 

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

On 9/21/2021 at 10:25 PM, Vagabond said:

Two points Martin

A     Buy Anchor shot -its softer and re-usable, and you do get a few (only a few) more shot for your buck

B     If you see a bit of nylon in the mud at your swim, pull it out - often its part of a cast with shot and hook attached.   Take the shot off for re-use - a thumb-nail opens them or a pen-knife blade if they are stubborn.  Add the nylon and hook to your own rubbish for disposal at home.  I find I acquire shot nearly as fast as  I use it - but I agree shot prices are a rip-off 

Enjoyed that   - It's not often one can give a Yorkshireman advice on thrift😆

I've used anchor double cut for years now Dave.  I have noticed that every now and then I get a container of which the shot are hard and pretty shyte and ping off the line too easily.  Appart from that, which is annoying I haven't found any shot to better them.

• Like 3